The cottage has a number of green credentials including; low volt lighting, A+ class fridge/freezer, solar water heater, reclaimed wood beams, stone used on its renovation were supplied from its own land, use of well water, linen is changed once a week in order to save water.
Electricity is supplied from natural resources and runs "Off the National Grid" and gives guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. It has been installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system in is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 volt system and has no problem powering the 12 dwellings on site. Other green credentials include use of grey water, LED lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class fridge, solar water heater, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities.
Other environmental practices we follow:
- Waste reduction - We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water - We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife - We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Organic gardening practices - The retreat has a number of fruit trees and plants such as tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, basil strawberries etc..
- Building materials - the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the Eco energy system provided.
- Office practices - We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
Local stone and trades men have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise. We offer excursions for local schools to visit the retreat and see the effectiveness of the solar/wind system.
We promote rural tourism by encouraging guests to eat out locally and use local amenities such as shops, sports facilities etc. We also encourage them to buy local products. We provided full information on local restaurants, activities and farmers markets.
2 bed villa in Punta Mujeres fishing village, shared pool
From 665 - 910 per accommodation per week (sleeps 4)
Stunning 360Ί views from an off grid retreat, ideal couples/single travellers
From 665 - 910 per couple per week