The eco yurt and all 12 properties at Finca De Arrieta are "Off the National Grid" and give guests the opportunity to experience firsthand, living with solar panels and wind turbines and using the latest renewable energy systems. We have installed the most up to date energy systems on offer, and they work very efficiently. The system in "Finca de Arrieta" is the largest on Lanzarote and runs on a 48 Volt system and has no problem powering the 12 dwellings on site. Other Green credentials include use of Grey water, Led lighting, solar pool heating, use of well water for pool, A+ class Fridge, organic fruit and veg and within walking/cycling distance to amenities.
Other environmental practices we follow:
- Waste reduction: We encourage recycling and have bins locally. Any organic waste can be given to our chickens.
- Conserving water: We ask client to be use water sparingly. We use our own well water which is used for the swimming pool, we also use our grey water on our palm trees.
- Conserving electricity: We use only Wind turbines and solar panels
- Encouraging wildlife: We have planted many native trees and bushes to encourage birds.
- Building materialsL: the entire retreat has been built using stone from the 30,000 meter estate.
- The well and water tanks which are on the land and originally used for irrigating the farm land have been fully restored.
- Measures to educate staff & guests about our environmental practices - We educate guests/staff and local schools on the eco energy system provided.
- Office practices: We have low energy lighting, and reuse paper.
Local stone and trades men have helped bring the retreat to a beautifully finished paradise. We promote rural tourism and encourage our guests to eat out locally and use local amenities such as shops and sports facilities etc..We also encourage them to purchase local products.
Michelle and Tila Braddock started their family run business in 2007 renting rural and eco-friendly holiday accommodation around Arrieta in the North of the Island of Lanzarote where they Live and Love. They have lived on Lanzarote for over 20 years, have brought up their 4 children on the island and are very involved in island life. They therefore have a wealth of local knowledge to offer their guests.
You can trust responsibletravel.com reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.