Responsible tourism: Copenhagen hotel near Tivoli Gardens, Denmark
In 2008, all Arp-Hansen hotels received the Green Key certification. Green Key is the guest's guarantee of having chosen a hotel which has a policy of looking after the environment. Read more about environment here ...
Our environmental policy
Keeping in mind our aim to provide guest experiences with a high level of comfort, we wish to maintain and extend our environmental efforts by:
Reducing our waste and waste substances as well as bringing down our consumption of energy and water where feasible. Using goods which have the lowest possible strain on the environment Demanding that our suppliers provide services and products which fulfil the requirements of Green Key. Assisting our guests in finding healthy and green activities during their stay at our hotels. Dealing with environmental issues and set environmental targets in an open and positive dialogue with customers, employees, authorities, suppliers, organisations and other interested parties.
Besides complying with Arp-Hansen's environmental policy and the Green Key initiatives, we also create a host of other environmental initiatives.
We have bicycles that our guests can hire at all our hotels (except Gentofte Hotel). We are particularly helpful when it comes to helping our guests to find their way around on public transport and to locate running tracks in the area. All of our cleaning products and soap/shampoo are environmentally labelled. Our linen is washed at an environmentally labelled laundry. All of our restaurants are 100% smoke-free. 95% of all our rooms are no smoking. All taps in our rooms are fitted with water saving devices. The guests experience a soft and pleasant flow of water, but use around half the water that normally comes out of the taps. We now use electronic fax reception and correspondence archiving rather than paper archiving. All our paper and brochure material is environmentally labelled. Every time we change a light bulb, we replace it with a low energy bulb (where possible). At least 5% of the ingredients we use are organic.
1) • Arp-Hansen Hotel Group supports and supplies WWF
2) • We have different systems that respond to the environment • We purchase energy-efficient industrial machines – Consumption of water and electricity are at all time energy-labeled • Arp-Hansen Hotel Group always makes demands on suppliers packaging
3) • Water aerators are installed in all faucets to reduce the water consumption • Urinals are without water
4) • Replacement of light bulbs with energy-efficient light bulbs – continuously replacement • Movement censors • Slumber censors • Electricity is activated by the room key
5) • The furnishing of Arp-Hansen hotels is always in respect of the original condition – the original style of the house
6) • Bike renting at all hotels • Proposals for green initiatives • Running trails/ Running routes • Public transportation
7) • Only energy-labeled cleaning products • Outsourced cleaning • 5 % of all foods are organic • Packaging has to be recyclable • Large amounts of packaging has to be delivered in recyclable containers
1) • We recommend our own restaurants • Agreements with local attractions • Water taxi, guided tours, ect. • Our receptionists are in charge of recommendations
2) • Takes part in local environmental campaigns
3) • Supports local institutions by for example replacements of duvets/pillows • Supplies food left-overs to local hostels
4) • Arp-Hansen Hotel Group keeps to the industry association agreement – respects rules and laws which protects employees. Respects minimum salary in relation to association agreement. • 650 employees work within the association agreement areas
5) • Recommends local initiatives and attractions
6) • Attempts through Wonderful Copenhagen and Visit Denmark to retain good relations locally and also to our guests.