The map I have is an image rather than a URL?
How do I add a map using the URL from my webpage?
- Go to the page on your site where the map you want to display is, then hover your mouse over the map, right click on the map, this will open another small window.
- Click on properties, which opens another window. In this window you need to look under the heading 'Address URL:' next to this heading you will find the URL for your map.
- Copy and paste this URL into the map field on the console.
- Preview your page to view the map.
Please note: Do not add a google map, these are for accommodation pages only. It is not a requirement to have a map on your page, this is entirely your choice if you would like to add one.
When will my page be live on the site?
- After you have submitted your page to us - use the red submit button - we will review it.
- We look at every page – our main concern is to ensure that you meet our criteria for responsible tourism so please make sure you fill out this section thoroughly.
- You will be notified when your page is live on the site.
How do I save my page if I am not yet ready to submit it?
Simply log out and your page will automatically be saved, when you log back in it will be as you left it.
How many categories will I be associated with on the site?
When we put your product live on the site we carefully select the most relevant tags and categories, please do not mail us to request more associations on our site. The premier service offers more visibility and the dedicated services of an Account Handler.
What is the 'filter' and how do I use it?
The filter function can be used to filter leads to create a shorter list or search for a particular lead. To find the filter, log into the console and click on the enquiries tab, on this page you will see a drop down menu where you can search for leads by name, email or date. From the drop down menu, choose the field you would like to search e.g. email, then type the email address into the box below the drop down menu and click apply filter. This will then show only the leads associated with the chosen field. Click remove filter if you would like to go back to the original list of leads.
Why is the heading on the page not the name I called it?
The heading on the page is written from a marketing and search engine optimisation perspective and it is very rare we'll use the names that an operator has called the holiday.
Is there anything I need to know when adding dates?
You won’t be able to preview the dates you have added instantly as this updates overnight. As long as you have added the correct departure dates for the coming year you can submit the page - we check all pages before they go live. If you would like to add a sentence with departure information rather than publish all your dates on the page, for example: 'This trip departs every Sunday and Wednesday throughout the year, please contact us for more details', then please email your account handler to request this.
Any tips for building a great page?
Some basics first – give the right impression from the start:
- Make sure there are no typos and your grammar is good!
- Focus on selling the experience to customers.
- Upload great pictures.
- Tell your own story. People like to know a little about the person behind the business.
- Share your enthusiasm about what you do. Your excitement will be infectious!
- Be friendly, and extend a warm invitation to future guests.
- We don't expect you to have covered every possible angle on sustainability – none of us have.
- Visitors want to learn about important local issues, and how you've done something positive to address them.
What should I write in the promise section?
The promise section appears as the ‘making a difference’ paragraph on your page. We place emphasis on getting the ‘making a difference’ (MAD) sections right, they should summarise your responsible travel policy and have unique and specific details
of how that particular trip minimises the negative impacts and maximises the benefits on the local community and the environment. Please do not just write generic information for each MAD, you can include some generic information but no two MADs should be the same. Please see our promise guidelines
for more details.
How can I appear on your e-newsletter?
We use our e-newsletter to generate income and as such we only promote tour operators and accommodation that are on the premium service and have a good conversion rate of enquiries to bookings or has paid to be on there.
The link is to our ezine rate card.
If you wish to pay to appear on the ezine please e-mail email@example.com
for more information about the premium service.
Can I edit my page?
Yes, use your login
details to return to your page to edit your page at any time.
Can I make changes to the price on my page?
Please notify your Account Handler if you change prices as this may require updating our marketing materials that are linked to the page.
Is there anything I must add to my page?
For group tours, even if you you put information in the departure field you must add dates under the dates section. If no dates are added then your page won't appear when someone uses the dates search tool to make a holiday enquiry.
Is there anything I don't need to add to my page?
We control the location of the trip depending on where it goes and relation to what tag locations we have on the site.
Maps are generally for walking, cycling and overland tours. If your trips doesn't come under any of these categories then you can still add one if you wish, but it's not a necessity.
Is there anything not permitted on my page?
Please DO NOT add the following to your page:
- email address
- telephone number
- your operator name - this rule applies everywhere on your page: text, videos, images
- links to your own or other company websites
- customer reviews
Are there any restrictions on uploading videos?
The video needs to promote the specific trip on the page. We do not allow company branding to be shown anywhere in your video and you must not link to other videos. Only one video per product page is permitted. If your company name, branding or logos are found in a video, then the video will be removed.
Can I have portrait images?
No, due to the design of the website it is not possible to display images in portrait .
Is there a size limit on the images?
Yes, please make sure you are using web quality rather than print quality images, they should be no larger than 1MB.
My image is below 1MB but still wont upload?
Check that the file name does not contain any spaces or characters (-&% etc).
Can I change the order of my photos?
No, you need to delete and re-upload photos to change the order of images.
Do you have any testimonials?
Yes! Read a few below...
"As a creative working in advertising I believe that images are the first to woo. The eye needs its candy and the option to show more means a greater chance at seducing the traveller"
- Gattald, Boutique self catering accommodation in Malta
"Words are great, but people want to see what they are buying. I believe the photo upgrade is essential for potential renters to decide if your holiday is for them."
- Beverley, Uzumlu villlage self catering villa with pool, Turkey
"We have chosen the video upgrade on Responsible Travel as nowadays, more and more people appreciate watching a video on the internet: as photos became a necessity in the last decade, videos are having the same importance now. It helps people to get a better picture of what to expect for their vacations. We have so far received lots of positive comments about guests who had been watching our videos before booking with us."
- Benoit et Corinne, Provence holiday accommodation