Honeymoon Gift list Terms and Conditions
All contributions that we receive on your behalf will be deposited into a unique account specifically for you. When you close your Gift List these funds can be either transferred directly to you (as per option 1 below) or transferred directly to the holiday provider (as per option 2)
No funds can be transferred until you notify us to close your Gift List.
Option 1) If you are travelling close to your wedding/event day this option is often preferred:
Many couples like to close their Gift List after their wedding as this is when most contributions come in. However this may be long-after final payment for your holiday is due.
If you decide not to close your list when final payment is due on your holiday then you will be responsible for paying for your holiday yourself. Once your holiday is booked and you have contacted us to close your list, we will then refund you the balance of your list up to the value of your holiday by either cheque or bank transfer. These payments will be issued at the end of the month where possible after we have fully reconciled your funds. If the balance of your list is greater than the value of your holiday then any remaining balance will be issued to you in holiday vouchers for a future trip with Responsible Travel
Option 2) If your date of travel is not close to your wedding/event date this option is often preferred:
The value of your Gift List will be transferred direct to the holiday provider: When you have chosen and booked a holiday from Responsible Travel and payment is required please contact us to close your list. All monies will then be transferred directly to the holiday provider. The final balance of most trips is required at least 8 weeks before departure so we encourage you to get in as many contributions before this time.
If you do not close your list with us then the holiday provider may invoice you for an incorrect amount which we cannot be held accountable for.
When you open your Gift List with us we will contact you to see which option you would like to go for, option 1 or option 2.
- By setting up a Gift List with Responsible Travel you agree to travel with one of our members. To book a holiday you must make your enquiry via our website.
- Vouchers can only be used against holidays or accommodations marked as eligible. It will be marked 'Vouchers accepted can be used with this holiday' clearly on the holiday page. If there is no mention of voucher use on the holiday page then vouchers cannot be used against this holiday.
- Your Gift List can only be used towards full and final payment for any holiday or accommodation. It cannot be used to refund deposits. If you wish to use your Gift List funds to pay for your deposit please contact us before any payments are made.
- The Gift List can only be used to pay for the holiday as booked and cannot be used towards other additional expenses such as food, drink etc.
- A £30 administration set up fee is required per Gift List before your list is active. This fee is non-refundable.
- You can contact us at any time for an official total of your contributions. We reconcile your fund monthly so will send you the most recent statement. Otherwise this will be sent to you when you close your list. We do not have the facility for guests to leave messages.
- Any additional payments that come into your account once your list is closed will be consolidated into one Responsible Travel holiday voucher to be used for future travel on a different holiday.
- In the case of a Honeymoon Gift List your Gift List will remain open until 3 months after your wedding date, unless otherwise notified. You will then have 1 year from this date to use the monies in your account.
- One transfer can be issued per Gift List.
- Ideally the Gift List should ideally be used against one booking. However, if the value of your booking is less than the total value of your Gift List, any balance remaining will be available for you to use, by the initial expiry date given, on only one further holiday booking through our website. Any remaining Gift List balance after this second transaction will expire.
Your guests can make contributions from £20 upwards.
Payments are normally made online through PayPal or by debit / credit card by phone. The customer will receive an email receipt from PayPal and from firstname.lastname@example.org
when they have made a contribution. If your guests would like to pay by cheque then please ask them to call +44 (0)1273 823 700.
All those that contribute towards a Gift List must enter in your unique code on payment, without this we are unable to assign their payment to your account. All contributions are registered under the customers PayPal name.