Responsible Travel is the world's leading marketing platform for tour operators, accommodation owners, day trip operators and visitor attractions committed to responsible tourism
with over 350 specialist operators and 1000s of accommodations worldwide. We have over 350,000 visitors per month and a database of 160,000 past bookers and enquirers. We only promote holidays that have been carefully pre-screened by us to ensure they meet our criteria for responsible tourism and members must provide visitors with a real connection with the people, the landscape, the culture and the environment. We call this helping them to 'travel like a local'.
Responsible Travel and our staff
are based in south-east England and we do not employ guides
, tour leaders, activity co-ordinators, trip organisers, or anybody outside the UK for positions in any of the destinations we promote. Please see below for all vacancies at Responsible Travel, and from some of the members we represent & other responsible tourism organisations.
1 job vacancy
Sales administration assistant - Wild Frontiers
: £18,000 p.a (London, UK)
We are looking to recruit a new sales administration assistant for our group sales team at Wild Frontiers. The applicant will need to have an excellent telephone manner and organisational skills.
Main function of the job
Main job characteristics/requirements
- Reception/answering and filtering phone calls.
- Company post on a daily basis - inbound and outbound - including brochures.
- Receiving incoming client enquires. Replying to clients enquires.
- Stock-taking, filing and ordering stationery.
- Supporting the EGT Sales dpt with administration tasks.
- Assisting in the occasional maintenance of the website (so a good ability in written English is essential).
- Keeping an accurate record of operational equipment such as sat phones, first-aid kits, cameras, flips, etc.
- Updating and maintaining company database.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects within the office as necessary.
- Attend and assist with client information evenings.
- FIT Dpt Admin - Preparing travel documents, posting them to clients. Writing hotel descriptions and loading them onto Axum.
- Ability to set and work to deadlines.
- Good knowledge of travel geography, Itineraries and visas.
- Attention to detail, ability to plan ahead.
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise.
- Customer Service capabilities, able to deal with a variety of clients.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent Telephone manner, clear speaking voice.
- Excellent organisation/communication/interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation, clean and tidy.
- Computer Literate.
- Understanding what the adventure/cultural traveller wants to experience.
- General Knowledge and interest in travel.
If you would like to apply please send a covering letter, CV and travel CV covering all countries you have visited to email@example.com
[Added 12 May 2015]