Responsible Travel is the world's leading marketing platform for tour operators and accommodation owners committed to responsible tourism
with over 375 specialist operators and hundreds of accommodations worldwide. We only promote holidays that have been carefully pre-screened by us to ensure they meet our criteria for responsible tourism and members must provide visitors with a real connection with the people, the landscape, the culture and the environment. We call this helping them to 'travel like a local'.
Film editor - Responsible Travel
£25k -28k (Brighton, UK)
Responsible Travel helps people live their travel dreams through authentic and life enriching adventures, ensures local people and wildlife benefit and tries to be a catalyst for change in the tourism industry.
We are looking for a creative, dynamic and organised editor to project manage and produce a series of destination travel films, sourcing, curating and editing existing footage into inspirational short films to be displayed on the Responsible Travel website.
Other responsibilities will include management and optimisation of the Responsible Travel YouTube site, and any other editing tasks as required to maintain and update the range of film content on the Responsible Travel website.
The main tasks will include:
The applicant should:
- Coming up with creative, interesting ideas for film content which fits the Responsible Travel brand message of 'Helping Dreamers Do'
- Liaising with Responsible Travel member tour operators via phone and email to request film footage, providing a clear brief and assistance to ensure the content being sent back is what we are looking for.
- Sourcing suitable clips from stock footage libraries (e.g. iStock) and creative commons content on Flickr and YouTube.
- Curating content sent in by Responsible Travel customers, and our member tour operators.
- Editing stock footage alongside the footage filmed by customers and our tour operators into cohesive, inspirational short films which fit our new brand message of 'Helping Dreamers Do'.
- Sourcing suitable music for the films.
- Undertaking any other video editing tasks as required, including minor edits to films supplied by Responsible Travel member tour operators.
- Managing and optimising the Responsible Travel YouTube channel.
- Working closely with the rest of the Responsible Travel marketing team.
Benefits & terms:
- Be creative and able to generate and share exciting ideas around film and other creative content.
- Have strong video editing skills, and be comfortable editing content from different sources together into one film.
- Be able to produce exciting, inspiring and eye-catching new video content - beyond the standard run-of-the-mill travel films.
- Have an eye for detail, and an ability to sift, and sort through a range of content from a variety of sources to select interesting, inspiring clips.
- Be able to keep to set brand guidelines with consistency and design best practice.
- Be organised and able to manage several video projects at one time.
- Have a sound understanding of licensing and the proper use of stock footage/music.
- Be confident in liaising with external suppliers - including Responsible Travel member tour operators - to request video footage.
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative, plan ahead and prioritise.
- Be able to work to a budget and hit deadlines.
- Have a sound knowledge of YouTube and how to maximise the reach of films posted to the site.
- Be flexible and willing to undertake a range of editing tasks as required.
- Be a team player and able to communicate ideas clearly.
- Have a portfolio of previous filming and editing.
- Salary: £25k -28k depending on experience.
- Brighton based, in North Laine.
- Initially with a 12 month contract with the possibility of extending this to a full time role. This role reports into the Director of Content & Marketing.
Closing date for applications is 6th May. No agencies. To apply, please send in a CV, covering letter and links to previous film editing work to Tim Williamson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high number of applications we've received unfortunately we are only able to reply to those we are inviting to interview. Successful applicants will be contacted shortly after the closing date.
[Added 20 Apr 2016]
Product Co-Ordinator - Chameleon Worldwide
£23-£28K p.a. + bonus (Hampshire, UK)
We are currently seeking an experienced Product Co-Ordinator to join Chameleon Worldwide. You will be required to work as part of a small team, developing and maintaining a range of exciting products for the company's brands.
In this busy but rewarding role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining itineraries, costings and pricing; drafting text and information for websites and company literature; loading product information onto company systems; dealing with operational aspects of running trips to maintain and improve quality and customer satisfaction; developing beneficial working relationships with overseas suppliers.
You'll be well-travelled, have excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and an eagerness to learn more about the logistics and planning requirements for running overseas expeditions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Lives and breathes travel (independent, off the beaten track travel and travel industry experience in at least four continents including Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa)
- Ideally at least three years? experience of product development/maintenance and selling adventurous/active travel (both group tours and tailor-mades)
- Passionate about developing commercially-viable holidays (for groups and private departures) and able to sense opportunities for improving the bottom line through product development
- Excellent communicator - both verbal and written
- Excellent at writing enticing, good quality text. Proven ability to write well and produce a high volume of information about the product quickly and accurately
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly numerate - able to deal with numbers/rates in multiple currencies, apply margins/mark-ups quickly and assess product information and pricing versus competitors
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (database skills an advantage)
- Balances strong negotiation skills with building relationships with overseas suppliers
- Happy and willing to travel overseas regularly for trade shows, recce trips
- Knowledge of flights/airlines (Amadeus or similar GDS, contracts, fares...) and relevant travel reservations systems
Benefits and applications
This is a full-time, office-based role and we offer a great package including a competitive salary. We work in a beautiful barn-conversion office in Hampshire and offer opportunities for travel, training and development.
Salary range from £23,000 to £28,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus Annual Bonus Scheme and overseas travel opportunities.
Closing date for applications is 13th May. If you would like to apply, please clearly state the position you are applying for and email your CV, covering letter and detailed travel history to email@example.com
[Added 27 Apr 2016]
We are based in south-east England, in Brighton (we do not have offices elsewhere) and as we do not operate tours we do not employ guides, tour leaders, activity co-ordinators, trip organisers, or anybody outside the UK.
UK law requires employers to pay the National Minimum Wage for any kind of work, including work experience, internships or placement schemes.
At present we are only able to offer internships that are fully funded by a third party. We are sorry that we are unable to consider applications for internships where full funding is not already in place.
We work mainly with Sussex university, who offer fully funded internships to their students, and would consider students from other fully funded internship programmes. Linked below are the internship job descriptions that we have with them to give you a sense of what we offer. The exact roles we are able to offer to fully funded interns will depend on our requirements at a particular time.
To apply:Applications for 2016 are now closed.
Your covering letter, (to include confirmation you have access to full funding for the internship and with whom
) and CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are sorry that we are unable to consider applications for internships where full funding is not already in place.
We do offer up to 4 students a year the opportunity to volunteer at our offices. Applications for 2016 are now closed.
Volunteers are under no contractual obligation to perform work or provide services and the primary aim is to give students the opportunity to shadow members of the various teams at Responsible Travel. We may come to informal arrangements with someone to carry out a specific task. You offer your time and effort for free. Volunteers do not qualify for the national minimum wage. Unpaid volunteer placements details:-
- There will be no specific hours of work, but the opportunity is only open for one full week
- There will be no outline duties that a student is expected to perform
- We will not rely on individuals on volunteer placements to fulfil real jobs
- They are 1 week in duration (we are a small team, from experience this is enough)
Note: Applications for 2016 now closed
To volunteer with us, send a covering letter, your CV with details of your specific work interests and when and how long you are available for to email@example.com