We are careful to pay attention to the impact of seasonal tourism on natural and agricultural events. In line with our commitment to the Principles of AITR, we visit to the festival of the pomegranate, “Lu Paniri” Palmariggi, so that you can experience the benefits of a region which looks after its natural environment.
Our insistence on small group sizes guarantees a low impact on the environment, as do your accommodations that have been carefully selected based on their energy sourcing, consumption and use of local food suppliers.
- We select tourism providers who can show transparent and accountable business operations through environmental and social audits;
- We organize itineraries that can be completed without haste, with a limited number of destinations each day, ensuring our customers can gain a greater enjoyment from the local area;
- We keep groups small so that travelers can fully experience the destination, and this way we protect the local area from the harmful impact of large tourist groups;
- We avoid excessive organization, allowing travelers to research the destination themselves, if they want, so that they can appreciate it more completely;
- We respect intellectual property and copyright in our marketing materials.
Salento is known as being “too touristy” for many, which is why we ensure this is the more authentic and original; with the help of locals who also believe in sustainable tourism. For example, on this trip you will have the opportunity to visit The Constantine farm and laboratory of weaving crafts.