We give a proportion of every individual tour payment as a part of a project to sponsor monks from economically disadvantaged families, awaiting formal enrolment in Monastic Schools. Under this project many monks will be enrolled and will receive proper monastic education.
This is being done in close collaboration with the Youth Development Fund founded by Her Majesty Azhi Tshering Pem Wangchuck to build funds for the youth of Bhutan. Our partner in Bhutan is the only Travel Company involved in such projects and is based upon the owner's belief in "giving back to the community from which he received such support whilst growing up and through adulthood".
Commitment to the communities we visit:
- Observe local customs and respect traditional cultures of local people.
- Support local economies by employing local guides and patronizing local restaurants and shops.
- Patronize craftsmen, artisans, and artists in order to promote traditional and contemporary arts.
- Contribute to organizations that promote and preserve traditional cultures.
- Abide by all laws and regulations in the areas in which we travel.
Commitment to our travellers:
- Provide opportunities to interact with Bhutanese people from different walks of life.
- Offer insightful background and interpretation of what we encounter on our trips.
- Design flexible programs that meet individual traveler interests over a broad range of cultural, environmental, and social areas.
- Ensure that your safety and health is our top priority in all phases of planning and carrying out a trip.
- Guarantee excellence in logistics arrangement and smoothness in execution, no matter group size or complexity of itinerary.
We reduce, reuse, and recycle-in our office and on our trips. We uphold travel practices to keep our impact light on the environments through which we pass and support institutions that protect the natural environment.
We create a working atmosphere that encourages personal development and provide training in low-impact travel, responsible tourism. We have created a working environment fostering mutual respect, integrity, harmony, learning and job satisfaction.