This holiday is a small scale experience offering time for genuine experience and encounters with the culture and nature of the region. The essential ground of this holiday is sustainable, holistic living.
We are committed to sustainability practices that maintain and restore the health of natural ecosystems, local economies and the well-being of guests. This includes:
- Cooperation with other local companies to benefit the local economy and create work opportunities in an area with high unemployment
- Our guides and hosts inform about and encourage awareness and appreciation for the local environment and culture during their contact with visitors
- We encourage guests to take part in local events in the area such as markets or concerts
- Guests are provided with healthy food, locally and organically grown whenever possible
- We reduce, reuse and recycle and encourage our guests to minimise their waste production and use our recycling station
- We encourage our guests to use the outdoor clothing we have available instead of buying new outerwear that they may not have use for again after their trip
- The guesthouse is warmed with wood pellets which are a renewable energy source and care is taken to lower the thermostat at night to save energy
- The guesthouse has dry compost toilets and a waste water recycling system
- A leave no trace policy in all outdoor activities
- Utilising our own energy for transportation as much as possible by walking, skiing or kick-sledging and using small vans or the public bus when necessary to transport guests over longer distances
You can trust responsibletravel.com reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.