We have always believed is tourism industry which attempts to make a low impact on the natural environment and local culture. Also helping to generate income and employment for local people. And to promote the conservation of local ecosystems. It is responsible tourism which is both ecologically and culturally sensitive.
By working with local partners in Sikkim who share our sustainable values we ensure that the economic benefits reach the local community. The drivers, porters, chefs and our local assistants are assured of direct support from our trips.
As a local tour operator, we are committed to responsible tourism as follows:
- By using local familiar guide and drivers with acknowledgeable about local culture
- Try to purchase produce which is not wrapped in plastic. Avoid using disposable plastic shopping bags.
- We encourage you to protect the environment by not littering and by taking all non disposable items back home with you.
- By using standard hotels/lodges/restaurants operated by local people. All hotels/lodges/restaurants minimise the impact on the environment by using kerosene/gas fuel instead of fire wood.
- Avoid buying souvenirs that exploit wildlife or threaten endangered species. Buying local handmade souvenirs to help the local economy;
- In Sikkim, we will visit information centre and get the opportunity to interact with members who can inform about the issues going on in this region and the local initiatives that are being taken. Funds used from similar holidays have been used to form an association of porters who have been trained to minimize the human impacts on the environment whilst in nature. They make sure all garbage will be brought back to Yuksam where it is sold to the scrap collectors. These funds go to Kanchenjung Conservation Committee.
- A percentage of its profits goes to charity organization “Chhahari Group Nepal”.
- We take only small groups with a maximum of 4 to12 people help to minimize the impact on the environment.