Footprint Vietnam Travel
As a local tour operator, Footprint can take you on a custom-made tour to destinations throughout Vietnam.
Member since: 03 Jul 2008
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We use local guides at all destinations in Vietnam so as to provide jobs to local young people, especially like Sapa, Ha Giang, Hue, Mekong. We try to use local products like homestays in Sapa, Mekong and other locally owned hotels and guesthouses.
- We take tourists to local restaurants where local food is being served by the local people and buy local food of the places we travel to.
- We encourage our travellers to spend their money locally, e.g. buying local food and souvenirs and visit places of interests where they use fees to maintain conservation
- We try not to use paper for marketing promotion, we spend most of our money to attract people using internet, and encourage our clients not to print their emails. We also reuse the bottles of water on tours and the bags provided.
- Footprint boats in Halong Bay, we try to use sails when possible and turn off the engines when boats are not running, we also use recharge batteries for our usage of lights on the boats so that we do not have to fuel a generator. We turn off the AC when it is not necessary on buses, and try to share buses/cars on our tours.
- Footprint supports several projects towards environmental sustainability e.g.: For a Green Halong Bay, Conservation of Cat ba Endangered Langurs, Cuc Phuong primate Center. We visit places of interests where they use fees to conservation - for example Cuc Phuong National Park, Hue Imperial Citadel, Hoi An old town, My Son hollyland, Halong Bay.
- We fully understand our culture and society and provide our travellers with full information on our culture, customers, languages, code of conducts well in advance of the tours.
- Footprint is doing our own CBT projects in Ha Giang, Sapa, Hoa Binh. We have worked with different communities and been bringing lots of support there. We help our travellers when they wish to volunteer there in the villages to help them.
- We use hotels and guesthouses where they employ the local people like in Sapa, Halong, Mai Chau. We also work with a boat company in Halong Bay to help the local communities.