Viator Travel is local incoming agency for outdoor activities and accommodations. We operate in the southern part of Croatia, wide area of Dubrovnik Riviera, it is the area which we know the best but we also offer our services in other areas of Croatia, Montenegro, and Bosnia and Herzegovina too.
Our weekly tour programs are a combination of several activities: walking, cycling, kayaking. We take different routes and take travellers to the best areas around. We are focused on each traveller separately and we take an individual approach for each of our clients, regardless of whether they are on a tour or just requiring accommodation.
Member since: 08 Jul 2008
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- All our guides are local and we train our staff to be more responsible for the local environment and ecology. We buy local products as the souvenirs for our partners and we encourage our guests to buy local products.
- We use local services as much as we can. For restaurants we always choose restaurants with character (mostly family run restaurants with local speciaties). On all our tours we use local produce and provide local-style meals, and we encourage our guests to try local dishes and delicacies.
- The local community has direct income from our tours (accommodation, taxes, souvenirs, restaurants, boat or coach transfers). We use a lot of locally owned accommodation and this provides direct income for local house owners. Using local employees, guides, accommodation providers and transportation services, Viator Travel ensures that financial benefits remain in the local community.
- We provide tours for small groups (up to 16 people), with small groups we can minimize negative and maximize positive effects of tourism in environment. We use recycled paper. We recycle all our waste paper (brochures, etc). Our correspondence and promotion is carried out via the internet and email, minimizing the amount of paper used for our activities.
- We support different local ecological associations and our staff was directly involved in afforestation (planting of pine trees in Dubrovnik area after fire disaster in summer 2007.) We are active mostly in places where we live, but we support many Croatian ecological organizations - Zelena Akcija. I am one of founders of this ecological association.
- We encourage travellers to be more responsible with water waste, and we inform all our travellers before their tour about area, especially travelers on tours when they are in protected areas, sea or countryside. We inform travellers to be very careful with fire and to avoid open fire during summer.
- Our tours are mix of cultural sights, activities and enjoying the beauty of the landscape. For example during the tour in the national park on Mljet we visit St Mary church (on inlet of St Mary) and there we visit archaeological sights, paying for tickets and taxes to the national park we indirectly support the area.
- Seasonal pressures: we do marketing campaigns to spread guests through the all seasons (spring, autumn or winter) not just through summer.
- We support charities and we donate different to organizations when we can, from individuals to school children associations, last thing we did was Eco cross when we sold t-shirts for all participants in the cross.