Kangaroo Island Wilderness Tours will take you on a guided journey of discovery of Australia’s leading nature and wildlife destination. Our guides are true locals; most of them have lived on the “Island” all their lives. With them we are committed to providing a personalised experience whilst preserving the unique Kangaroo Island environment. Our 4WD touring vehicles are changed frequently to ensure that we have the most up to date emission controls. In addition Land Rover are the only 4WD manufacturer in the world that completely off-set the carbon emissions created during the manufacturing process.
Member since: 11 Feb 2009
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We use only local guides; in fact we only employ driver/guides that have lived on Kangaroo Island for more than 25 years. Most of our driver/guides were born on Kangaroo Island. All of our office and catering team also have lived here for 25 years or more
- We use only local accommodation and attractions. The accommodation houses that we use are run by local owners who use all local employees.
- We use as much local produce as possible, and only serve Kangaroo Island wines.
- Office paper is recycled. All rubbish is collected on tour and brought back to base for recycling.
- Our tour vehicles are changed every 2 to 3 year to make sure that we have the latest emission controls. We use Land Rover Discoveries and Land Rover are the only 4WD manufacturer who completely off-set the carbon emissions from the manufacturing process.
- The accommodation that we own, uses only rainwater captured on the property and all of the grey and back water is recycled and used to maintain the native garden
- Our tours are always guided and a such we make sure that the areas that we visit are protected for future generations
- Our guides have lived on Kangaroo Island for a minimum of 25 years so they have a depth of understanding about Kangaroo Island that can not be learnt out of a book. They love the Island and want to see it looked after.
- Our visitors have been given a clear idea of what Kangaroo Island is like before they arrive. We always explain to our guest about the culture and history of Kangaroo Island and its people as well as the natural history of the Island.