M and J Travel and Tours
M&J Travel and Tours has been in business since 1991. The IATA Accredited Agent, number 24252126, Member of Ghana Tour Operators Association (Tougha), Registered with Ghana Tourist Board License Number: TT-10/GA/07.
Come discover Ghana, a beautiful peaceful jewel in West Africa. We are pioneers in eco-tourism in Ghana and our communities benefit from your visit.
We offer tours for individuals and groups. Dates are flexible and tours can be customized just for you. We also offer airline ticketing, hotel reservation, car rentals and airport transfers.
Member since: 20 Oct 2009
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We employ local people as tour guides.
- We encourage local participation in tourism by assisting them to establish small scale tourism businesses and to provide tourists/visitors with traditional homestays which generate income for the local people.
- Our reforestation project is to build the capacity of the rural community for green jobs and to alleviate poverty.
- We are also collaborating with institutions to develop a natural lake into an eco tourist site to protect the crocodiles in the lake and to create jobs for the community.
- As part of our corporate social responsibility we are engaged in reforestation of over one thousand acres of degraded land at Paga Buru-Kazigo in partnership with the traditional authority and the local community.
- We are developing a natural lake called Lake Dumpolo which inhabits crocodiles at Paga Buru-Kazigo community as an eco tourist attraction.
- We are developing an ecotourism management plan for the Akim Juaso Forest community whose land lies in the foothills of the Atewa mountain range and Atewa Range Upland Evergreen Rain Forest to preserve the rich natural heritage using Community Based Ecotourism (CBE) as a tool for conservation.
- We educated communities most especially farmers to desist from bad farming practices which destroy the flora and fauna in our eco system.
- We encourage community-based eco-tourism which enable communities benefit from tourists visit. Some of the income generated from the visits are used for running their own community tourism business which enable them gain access to certain basic services including infrastructure.