My agency is a small local business focusing on local tourism in East Bohemia. Even though the region is the least visited of all the Czech regions, it has many things to offer and this is why I decided to promote it among Czech travellers and foreign visitors. I have already built a small network of cooperating partners consisting of accommodation providers, local producers, nature preservation organization and local guides to be able to offer visitors necessary service as well as active holidays programme. We offer holidays made to measure; we work with small (family) groups, our visitors can enjoy their time learning about our beautiful region, its historical monuments and natural beauties.
Member since: 08 Jul 2010
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We only choose partners – businesses that are locally owned and operated. They are our ultimate suppliers – horseback riding, local cuisine (regional specials), visits to craft workshops, accommodation etc.
- We cooperate with accommodation providers open to the idea and principles of responsible travel. We recommend local restaurants and shops selling local products, this way earnings stay directly with the local owners and their employees.
- We reduce "papering" to the absolute minimum and prefer electronic communication. The agency is based in a home office, this way the energy costs and costs for running of an office are minimized. We use power saving light bulbs, and biomass and natural gas for heating. We sort our waste properly.
- We create conditions for our guests to be able to minimize their impact on the environment and save water as well as other resources.
- We support volunteers, who like to participate in local – in particular natural conservation – activities during their holidays (mainly in cooperation with the Czech Union for Nature Conservation).
- We support – the use of public transport, buying products from local companies, use of energy saving devices, use of recycled paper.
- Our guides know well local flora and fauna and can share interesting information about nature.
- We process and keep most of our documents in electronic format. Catalogues and promo leaflets are printed on recycled paper and we use these materials reasonably.
- We work with small groups of clients, this gives our clients a better chance to understand cultural and social differences.
- We inform our clients about the highlights of our culture and history.
- Our clients may be accompanied by guides who can help them establish relationships with the local community, they also make sure our suppliers meet their commitments.