Active holidays in comfort. Spain & Latin America. Specialists in small group, tailor made and independent travel to Chile, Peru, Galapagos, Argentina, Mexico, Nicaragua and Spain. Walk, ride, ski, raft or bike.
With Pura Aventura, you can ski the Andes, hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, or ride a horse across Patagonia. Equally you can enjoy a peaceful Inn to Inn stoll in Andalucia or visit the vineyards of La Rioja.
Member since: 23 Jun 2004
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- Use small, locally owned hotels and restaurants. Except in large cities, we know the owners of every property we use.
- Establish partnerships with guides in communities where we operate so that our holidays are more interesting for our clients and more beneficial for our partners.
- Make payment to suppliers before our clients arrive.
- Book each and every element of our holidays direct with the supplier to ensure maximum benefit to the community.
- Keep groups small to minimise environmental impact.
- Using small hotels appropriate to their environment & which encourage sustainable water usage.
- Educating all clients on appropriate environmental behaviour when on tour – e.g. removal of all waste.
- Constantly monitoring client and guide feedback and responding to information quickly and appropriately.
- Full information packs sent to all clients, including guidebooks, maps, suggestions for eating out, exploring & shopping.
- Local guides accompany all groups.
- Facilitating the interaction of clients with local communities.
Founded 1999 by two families, the Martíns in Spain and Powers in UK, this holiday company also has a dual ethos regarding its tailor made holidays, each infused with adventure into both local culture and landscape. Spain and Latin America are their passions.