Space Between has been operating in the fantastic surroundings of the Alpes-Maritimes in France since 2001. The Mercantour is France’s largest and most recently created National Parks which is neatly sandwiched between the French Riviera to the south and the Savoie region to the north.
The area remains a real find for its visitors, drawn by its diversity, (from Provence countryside to Alpine scenery), the legendary Vallée des Merveilles, and the Park’s abundant flora and fauna.
We also now offer holidays in other areas in Europe, and Morocco too, which have the same magic combination of easy and value for money accessibility by air or train, and unspoilt wilderness.
Member since: 24 Jun 2004
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- Working exclusively with French partners who have an indepth knowledge and appreciation of the Mercantour
- Residing all year round in a depopulating area where there is a high percentage of secondary homes
- Using local artisans to sympathetically restore a former farmhouse – creating an engaging environment for guests.
- Utilising the wealth of organic product available in the hamlet of Berthemont les Bains
- Supporting locally run facilities
- Guests will be encouraged to offer nothing but respect to the Park, through pre visit information.
- We are delighted to promote Alpha – “the time of the wolf” Scénoparc in Le Boréon. Since its opening in the spring of 2005 the park has proved to be a great success, creating awareness and respect for this elusive creature.
- To enable more people to enjoy the Mercantour, SpaceBetween will actively be seeking to promote holidays for wheel chair users in the UK, and trips for "urban kids".
Founded by Liz and Mel over a decade ago, the Mercantour mountains mean everything to them. Mel is an International Mountain Leader, Liz a passionate horsewoman. Hoofing and hiking are their idea of heaven.