We are a small independent company with a working base in Portugal. We are very proud of this country and want to share with you, its history, beautiful scenery, fantastic wildlife and the friendliness of the people. Discover places that the larger companies miss with our wide selection of quality self guided and group walking holidays.
Member since: 28 Apr 2005
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We always use local services and accommodation as well as visiting rural restaurants and local shops selling local products.
- We are aware that travel in any country has some effect on the area and with this in mind we strive to lessen the impact, promote local employment through use and at all times show a positive attitude towards the environment and encourage others to appreciate its importance.
- We also pay our guides, local services and accommodation the market price for their services
As a company we are members of and actively support the work of the following:
- LPN – Liga para a Prototecção da Natureza
- Quercus – Associação Nacional de Conservação da Natureza
- ICN – Instituto da Conservação da Natureza
- FFI – Flora and Fauna International
- Because our walk leaders are frequently walking in protected areas we are able to monitor the countryside and report to the appropriate authority any damage to the environment and any flouting of the rules and regulations particularly in relation to new buildings.
Dr Julie Statham has seen the Iberian lynx while out walking, which was reported to the special lynx research group within ICN and she has now been trained to look out for evidence of the lynx and to collect droppings etc which can confirm sightings.
- We actively encourage our clients to be environmentally aware of all their actions and act in a proper, responsible manner at all times.
- Information, tips and recommendations on the life and customs of the local people are given to all clients.
- As much as we can our office recycles waste and we use recycled products when ever possible.