For travellers who want more real and authentic holidays that also benefit the environment and local people, we provide direct benefits to the local population. Our walks are a sample of sustainable development project for abandoned rural areas.
Member since: 05 May 2005
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- Working exclusively with local partners residing all year round in a depopulating and remote area!
- Using local products (farm cheese, bio vegetables), suporting locally run facilities and help the local economy by buying local produce in preference to industrial goods.
- Guests are encouraged to respect the nature in the National Park through ecological information.
- Itinerance has been Mercantour National Park's partner for 18 years and is proud to be involved with the campaign for sustainable tourism.
- We run guided tours to teach visitors how to interpret the landscape, for example at the Lac d'Allos. This type of activity, particularly suitable for children, contributes to a sense of eco-citizenship.