Escuela Montalbán has taught Spanish as a foreign language since 1986. Our school is located in Granada, one of the most fascinating cities in Southern Spain. Students from all over the world and of all ages participate in our Spanish language programme all year round.
An extensive cultural programme always complements the courses. We are a medium-sized Spanish language school with about 600 students per year. We are accredited by the Spanish Instituto Cervantes and a member of TANDEM International with language schools in Europe and overseas. TANDEM Spain has schools in in San Sebastián, Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Granada, Málaga and Cádiz.
Member since: 05 Sep 2006
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- All of the private accommodation offered to students is selected carefully by the school and is within walking distance.
- We visit an Arabic bath, theatre and Flamenco concert, as well as villages in the surrounding area.
- All fees paid by the students for cultural activities go entirely to local guides and companies.
- The school offers weekly conferences concerning ecological local problems
- We collaborate with the WWF and donate on a regular base for the campaign www.salvalince.com, which aims to prevent the extinction of the Iberian Lynx through the protection of their habitat.
- We find a language partner from Granada who is learning your native language, promoting intercultural exchange.
- Escuela Montalbán works with local non-government organisations in the field of language learning.
- The school offers free Spanish Courses for african immigrants and refugees on a regular basis.