Argonauta diving club operate on the east coast of Sardinia at Cala Gonone. We organize day and night snorkelling tours suitable for adults and children, diving every day choosing between our 30 dive-spots including cliffs faces, shallows, fossil beaches, cavern and wrecks from the World war II, the Kt 12 and the Nasello.
For beginners we offer a Discover scuba diving experience, as well as all PADI courses from level one to Dive Master; we give also specialty courses such us Cavern Diver and Underwater naturalist. Argonauta also offers hiking and abseiling (canyoning) excursions in the spectacular scenery of the Supramonte. All the activities are offered as a daily or weekly programme with option of accommodation.
Member since: 30 Oct 2006
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- Promoting the local economy by providing small private apartments or “agriturismi” owned by local families; we also cooperate with hotels owned by local people.
- Food is purchased from local producers and guests are encouraged to purchase locally from farms, shops, restaurants.
- We make efforts to employ local people.
- Use of a combination of solar panel, gas and electricity for heating water in the apartments we own.
- Staff and clients sign a Conduct Code for safe and aware diving including a 'look and don’t touch' policy and we also use low emission engines and anchor in the sand
- On hiking and canyoning trips we aim to leave no trace of our visit and always use the same path in order to leave the resting area completely wild
- In cooperation with PADI, we annually organise an event called "Beach clean-up" to awaken the local community to environmental problems.
- Together with the Divers Alert Network (DAN), we are supporting a campaign on the security of the divers in the water. DAN is a non-profit medical and research organisation dedicated to the safety and health of recreational scuba divers.
- We have smalls groups in order to give people the possibility to visit Sardinia in a relaxing way and we arrange fun cooking sessions where the staff are involved in order to create the typical friendly atmosphere of an Italian family.