Grand American Adventures offers small-group adventure tours year-round throughout North America, Central America, South America, Australia and New Zealand.
We have 12 years of experience and over 48 camping and lodging based itineraries that combine adventurous activities with wildlife viewing and cultural discovery.
Utilizing private transportation and professional local guides throughout the tours, we explore the best-known national parks, cities and undiscovered gems on three continents.
We offer tours for adults of all ages, students, families and corporate/social groups.
Member since: 18 Jun 2007
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- Our purchasing policy means fresh vegetables and meats are purchased and prepared locally whenever possible.
- The vast majority of our itineraries (95%) are led by local guides using local suppliers for transportation, accommodation and activities to ensure the economic benefit stays in the local community.
- Over the past 12 years we have brought our groups to the Manayalluk aboriginal community in Australia. During this time, we have assisted them to professionalize their approach to tourism, maximizing economic benefit for the community.
- We have partnered with Climate Care to encourage clients to off-set domestic/international flights and off-set vehicles’ emissions with Footloose matching client contributions (up to £5,000).
- 100% of Footloose UK corporate headquarters’ power is green (renewable). Reduced brochure production by over 100,000 in 2007 and sourced sustainable production supplies for 2008 brochure. We recycle and buy Fair-trade coffee and tea.
- We adhere to Leave No Trace policies, visit in small groups, use existing trails and campsites, dispose of waste properly and give advice on respecting wildlife and consideration of other visitors.
- We are a founding member of "Tourism Cares for America" and have contributed US $500 for the past 3 years, sponsoring up to 4 volunteers to repair historic tourist attractions (e.g. Mt. Vernon in VA, Biloxi in MS: clean-up after Hurricane Katrina)
- Paid member of "Friends of Big Bend" (US $20) and "Mojave Desert Land Trust" (US $50), organizations dedicated to improving and/or expanding national parks.
- We have volunteered with organisations to contribute manpower and vans, camping gear and leaders for worthwhile programs, and have volunteered to take "problem youth groups" for camping trips to Joshua Tree NP [associated with Mojave Land Trust].
Founded in 2010, this North American specialist holiday company provides adventure, family, wildlife and cultural holidays to North, South and Central America. They dig beneath surface to offer spectacular and off the beaten path experiences.