Specializing in soft adventure tourism, our customized itineraries take visitors to the heart of this untamed land to experience the true essence of Montenegro. We are actively involved in environmental conservation projects, support low visitor impact and promote the involvement of local people in all that we do. We specialize in individually tailored tours as well as unique expeditions for our guests to enjoy and appreciate nature and culture. Whether our guests are discovering this region for the first time or rediscovering it, we will take them off the beaten path to places that time has forgotten for an adventure they will never forget.
Member since: 07 May 2015
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
What we aim to do with MEA is to generate enough revenue from eco adventures and related activities to continue our environmental and sustainable development programs. A percentage of all profits (8% of our pre-tax profit) will be provided for direct assistance to volunteer organisations.
- By employing our staff from local communities and through sourcing local service providers we will assist in the economic stabilization of the region and support job creation.
- We will provide guidance to and seek sponsorship for, community-based, homemade products and the handicraft industry.
- Benefits for local communities and nature conservation:
- Economic benefits, alternative employment, income opportunities
- Directing revenues to conservation and management of natural and protected areas
We at MEA believe in managing the volume of tourism to provide individually unique nature experiences that allow interaction while safeguarding the environmental and cultural heritage of the region for the benefit of future generations.
- A key focus of our service provision is to understand the environmental impact of our activities and the steps we can take to minimise it. We favour accommodation that has a small ecological footprint, utilise local “green” transport where possible and encourage the reduction &/or recycling of waste.
- Together with selected NGO’s, MEA will be involved in developing awareness of environmentally friendly and sustainable land management practices. Through direct interaction with local communities, we will demonstrate and promote the value of sustainable resource use (fishing, timber etc.), encourage participation in local activities and promote programs set up to encourage people to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
- Public awareness and Education:
- Increasing awareness towards conservation of natural and cultural assets
- Education of local people and stakeholders on the importance of conservation
Environmental Sustainability is about more than just looking after our natural environment. It is also about considering the social and economic impact of what we do. Having no impact is virtually impossible however we at MEA believe that ecotourism, if conducted correctly, can encourage greater environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and respect (for both resident and guest).
- To this end, we are committed to promoting the interior of the country and offering an alternative source of income for those who are most susceptible to economic hardship and in so doing preserve a unique way of life.
- Our offerings, created by locals (with input from community groups), aim to rotate small groups through different regions thus maximising the experience of the client while sharing benefits between these communities.
- Ecotourism stakeholders are dependent on Government to develop policies that will protect and manage natural areas. We at MEA have established a working relationship with the Government of Montenegro to provide advice and input into programs and policies that support sustainable tourism development.