Absolute Carpathian is a small local travel agency based in Zarnesti, near Brasov, offering authentic experiences focused on wildlife. We collaborate exclusively with local people for all the services we provide, thus all the revenues from our tours “staying” locally.
Member since: 29 Jun 2015
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We collaborate exclusively with local people and locally owned businesses that employ local people for all the services we provide, thus all the revenues from our tours “stay” locally.
- Working with local small-size businesses gives them a fair chance of doing business in a world dominated by big hotels and impersonal services. It also improves our guests’ access to the local culture through their hospitable hosts.
- Our office waste paper is reused wherever possible. We have reduced the amount of paperwork generated by our office by switching to online newsletters, booking confirmations etc. We use recycled products wherever possible (e.g. toilet paper etc).
- We travel in very small groups to minimize the impact of our activities on the wildlife we watch and their environments. Our days are planned carefully to minimize travel while maximizing the chance to see wildlife.
We stay in locally-owned accommodation that use mainly home grown produce, thus contributing to reducing food miles.
- As members of the Association of Ecotourism in Romania we contribute to the development of responsible travel and nature conservation in Romania.We also work with local wildlife researchers to assess the impact of wildlife-related tourism activities on the environment.
- One important characteristic of our tours is authenticity. We have managed to find local collaborators that share our aim of preserving the local values in terms of customs, culture, food etc.
- The size of our groups is very small, with a very small impact on the local culture. Our groups average six guests, and many tours operate on a private basis with just two guests. This has much less impact when travelling through rural areas, reducing our environmental and social impact.
- On most of the areas we travel to we take the time to visit some of the local traditional craftsmen. This gives our guests the chance to experience first-hand some of the local traditions and, at the same time, provides revenues and emphasis on the importance to preserve these great traditions for the local craftsmen.