Alpine Elements is a specialist ski, snowboard and summer active holiday company which has been operating for over 17 years. Our company ethos is all about injecting some value back into the niche holiday industry, along with providing a personal service that one simply cannot get with the mainstream operators. We are a trusted medium sized operator, large enough to create great value holidays, yet small enough to care and offer the flexibility required to give our guests the very best treatment we can.
Member since: 20 Jul 2015
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- Where possible, our produce is locally sourced for all catering. Our chefs purchase directly from local producers of fruit, vegetables and wine.
- We employ local staff for non-specialist roles and work closely with local communities to foster strong relationships.
- We recycle throughout the company, and operate midweek towel and bed sheet changes for guests comfort.
- Low energy lighting fixtures and energy saving schemes are employed throughout the company, guests are encouraged to turn off the air conditioning whenever possible.
- Paperless bookings, ticket-less flight departures, online brochures and bio-degradable detergents are used to reduce paper use.
- We run excursions to local craft and cultural centres as part of our programme (including historical sites of interest). These are arranged using local guides in both the Alps and Greece.
- We cook meals which are local to the area in which we reside, using local ingredients.
- Travellers are advised of political issues affecting the area before departure.