Founded in 2008 by Alex Malcolm, Jacada Travel is a boutique travel company specialising in bespoke luxury tours to Latin America, Africa, Asia and the polar regions, based in London, Hong Kong and Cape Town.
Member since: 01 Dec 2015
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
We commit to:
- Using local suppliers and agencies wherever possible who are professional, reliable and have a real desire to provide the best possible service to our clients.
- Aiming wherever possible to employ local guides and drivers for all of our tours and transfers in-country
- Encouraging our clients to support the local economy by purchasing locally made goods and recommending their friends and family do the same when they travel with us
- Adding value to our trips by booking local restaurants for our clients, encouraging them to try local cuisine and also to visit food markets to boost their local spend
- Developing long term relationships with our partners to encourage a premium service for our clients and allow for long term local economic benefit
- Contributing to local charities in Africa (and soon, Latin America and Asia) to provide financial support that will benefit local communities and improve their micro-economies; we have so far donated over $13,364 to Project Rhino KZN, over $13,364 to uThando South Africa and £10,542.50 to Rhinos without Borders.
- Contributing to local animal welfare charities in Africa (and soon, Latin America and Asia) to provide financial support to local communities and natural environments and have so far donated over $13,364 to Project Rhino KZN and £10,542.50 to Rhinos without Borders.
- Using wherever possible hotels and lodges who have dedicated environmental schemes that encourage best practice for the long term conservation/preservation of nature and wildlife areas.
- A large proportion of Jacada Travel staff based in the London office live locally and walk to work, or some who live a bit further afield often cycle, encouraged by Jacada Travel’s participation in the Bike-to-Work scheme.
- Trying to be as ‘paper free’ as possible by utilising email and telephone as much as possible and recycling paper, cardboard, plastic and glass waste at the office, encouraging the same practice at home among our staff
- Contributing to local charities in Africa (and soon, Latin America and Asia) to provide financial support that will benefit local communities and improve their micro-economies and have so far donated over $13,364 to uThando South Africa.
- Our clients enjoy high quality experiential products and services from local communities and populations, improving their living standards, income redistribution and particularly in Africa, job creation.
- Enabling our clients to visit specialised tours in-country which are often community run and allow for an increased understanding of local cultures bringing wealth to locals and travellers alike.
- Using wherever possible hotels and lodges who support local educational and/or social programmes and employ a team made of mostly – if not all – local people, maximising the positive social impact of tourism to remote areas