SailNorway design and operate spectacular experiences for you individual and group travellers. We sail to share unique experiences with you and your friends in spectacular surroundings along the coast of north-Norway, and we teach you the art of sailing as we go along. Our trips are both a course in sailing and a wild life experience, and we can tailor a trip to fit you or your company`s dream of the northern adventure. SailNorway is founded on deep respect of the nature and ecology of which we depend on operate within.
Member since: 17 Dec 2015
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- When we put together a program we pack it with our favourite destinations, restaurants, hikes and local activity-providers. We cooperate with the locals with their special knowledge about their places, theirí history, culture and knowledge about the activities that can be done in these areas. In this way we can provide exclusive and authentic experiences, and at the same time give something back to the places we visit.
- In the early years we gave donations to charities every year, as we at that time ran the company besides other day-jobs. The last years we have stepped up and professionalized, and we have instead reinvested in the company in order to grow and succeed and provide more people with jobs through tourism, and in turn support more communities through running more voyages.
- It is our responsibility to develop inspiring and responsible programs and organize sustainable operations.
- We use the sailboat as the means of transportation not only because itís the most fun and engaging way to travel, but it is also in itself sustainable.
- On the move we have scarce resources of water, fuel, and food, and it takes knowledge, patience and hard work to sail with the wind. Hence we often say that sailing gives content and new meaning to the concept of sustainability. Sailing is really in itself an exercise in sustainability.
- It takes a good team to sail a boat. For many itís their first time on a sailboat. To us itís all about teaching skills and sailing, making our participants feel safe, and encouraging them to touch, pull and push everything on-board as a way to learn. Towards the end of the trip they all know what to do, how to move, and they start to play with the boat and the sailing. Thatís when the magic starts.
- On-board the boat you come very close, and really get to know each other. The weeks are full of activities & impressions. Most of our participants get friends for life.
- When we put together a program we pack it with our favourite destinations, restaurants, hikes and local activity-providers. We cooperate with the locals with their special knowledge about their places, its history, culture and the activities that can be done in these areas. In this way we can provide exclusive and authentic experiences, and at the same time give something back to the places we visit.