OneSeed Expeditions lead expeditions throughout the world including locations in Nepal, Tanzania, Colombia, Peru, Chile and Argentina, and have been recognized as a leader in socially mindful travel. Our team of amazing guides connect you to the places we love.
We offers a new way to travel. We partner with communities to ensure that tourism directly supports local guides and local entrepreneurs. When you travel with OneSeed, you invest in the people and places that make the world worth exploring. 10% of your trip cost is invested in local communities through the OneSeed Microfinance Fund. This fund invests in creative entrepreneurs that support their communities. We try to keep it pretty simple: you take an amazing trip; a local entrepreneur launches or expands their small business. OneSeed is changing the way that travel impacts local communities.
Member since: 29 Apr 2016
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- OneSeed Expeditions was founded with a simple goal: use the power of adventure travel to support entrepreneurship in the communities where we work. Launched in 2010, OneSeed has grown from a small idea into a team of 40+ local guides leading expeditions throughout the world.
- For every expedition we organize, we invest 10% of our total gross revenue in the form of loans through our microfinance partners in Nepal, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, and Tanzania. Our team of guides connect you to the places we love. The OneSeed Microfinance Fund invests in creative entrepreneurs that support their communities.
- We’ve invested more than $130,000 USD in small-scale entrepreneurs through the OneSeed Microfinance Fund.
Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WESVa8js1IY
- We’ve launched or expanded 300+ businesses.
- We’ve grown our team from 3 to more than 40 local guides working on 3 continents
- We’ve extended more than 90% of our loans to women entrepreneurs in regions where limited collateral and financial exclusion limit women’s access to entrepreneurial opportunities
- We practice Leave No Trace principles on all our expeditions and we incentivize environmental best practices among our partners.
- In Nepal, we incentivize environmental stewardship in mountain regions by assessing all partner lodges based on local ownership, energy-sourcing, and waste disposal
- In all regions, we avoid plastic bottle use and actively educate clients on the impact of plastic products on remote, fragile mountain environments.
- We utilize UV purification systems on the trail to avoid boiling water over flame or propane when possible, eliminating tens of thousands of water bottle purchases.
- We source all food locally to minimize packaging and support local economies.
- Our guides serve as educators on the trail, outlining environmental issues in each region where we operate and demonstrating best practices to our travellers and partners in country.
- At OneSeed, we're committed to doing travel right. We see travel as one of the most effective means of investing in amazing people and places.
- We hire experienced local guides from local communities. We invest 10% of of total revenue in the form of microcredit to small-scale entrepreneurs
- We partner with local lodge owners, drivers, and other businesses to maximize local benefit from tourism. We practice Leave No Trace principles on all our expeditions and we incentivize environmental best practices among our partners.
- Our teams are locally hired and we travel with local customs and perspective in mind.