We are governed by a board of directors, which is made up entirely of local Aboriginal people, elected by the Aboriginal people in the Uluru region. They make up the membership of Nyangatjatjara Aboriginal Corporation. Profits from the company are distributed to our three local Aboriginal communities for community development purposes.
We are proud of the way our company conducts tours, and the way we can help make our communities stronger through involvement in tourism. We know you will enjoy our tours and come away feeling you have had a very special experience. You will also know that you have contributed to our local economy in a very meaningful way.
Responsible tourism principles are our very reason for our existence. We exist in order to provide jobs and economic resources to some of the most disadvantaged people in Australia. In the process we give our people a renewed sense of pride in our culture, and a reason for creating a better future.
- to deliver the highest quality cultural touring in Uluru Kata Tjuta National Park and surrounding region;
- to be a profitable tourism business that returns a healthy dividend to Anangu (Aboriginal) owners, for community development programs;
- to provide meaningful employment for as many local Anangu people as possible;
- to employ and train local Anangu (Aboriginal) staff within all areas of the business;
- overall, to be guided by and correctly represent Tjukurpa (the cultural values of Anangu). To provide a good understanding of Tjukurpa and our lifestyle for all visitors to our country;
- To operate a sustainable tourism enterprise that enhances the cultural and environmental values of our region (Central Australia).
You can trust responsibletravel.com reviews because, unlike many other schemes, reviews can ONLY be written by people who we have verified have been on the holidays. In addition, we don't run these holidays ourselves - our only interest is giving you the best independent advice.