Gozo self catering beach apartment
Above price is for 7nts in Fully Air Conditioned, fully private Beach Apartment, Free WIFI, bicycles, water & electricity, welcome food pack, beach towels, snorkeling gears, binoculars & hiking sticks.
Not included: Stay Tax: 0.50c per guest p/night.
Not included: Stay Tax: 0.50c per guest p/night.
Description of Gozo self catering beach apartment
1 Reviews of Gozo self catering beach apartment
5 out of 5 stars
Reviewed on 11 Oct 2021 by TRACEY WRIGHT
1. What was the most memorable or exciting part of your holiday?
The people, the restaurants, the weather, the apartment and all the help given to us by Frank.
2. What tips would you give other travellers booking this holiday?
Eat in all he restaurants in the bay, take a boat out, go kayaking and use the busses to get around.
3. Did you feel that your holiday benefited local people, reduced environmental impacts or supported conservation?
All the restaurants and other businesses seemed to be local and family owned so yes tourism is important to them
4. Finally, how would you rate your holiday overall?
It was a wonderful week and Frank made it very easy and could not do enough for us
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetOnce I read that 'technology owes ecology an apology'. At our apartment we strive to make this apology a reality by supporting and encouraging various good practices of no carbon footprints in many sustainability aspects of:
+ energy saving
+ waste separation
+ conservation of local flora and fauna and
+ locally grown products and services
Our Green policy is centred round the word R E S P E C T.
Respect groups the 3 or 4 Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle & renew) in our daily life at our accommodation, at work and during leisure time.
5 actions to promote a more sustainable waste system, namely:
1. all our guests are well-informed prior to their arrival about our waste policy
2. provision of black and grey bags is free to encourage waste separation
3. all our guests are encouraged to rinse all cans, bottles and containers and put them in the grey degradable bag outside the property on Tuesdays.
4. paper, cardboard, plastic bottles & containers & food and drink metal cans are waste separated daily.
5. Wine and beer glass bottles are separately put in the glass bins found in the Bring-in Sites.
It is a great satisfaction for us that every year, over 60% of all guests used public transport rather than car hire. In fact, both on our site promotions and in all our booking request replies we make it very clear that 'No car is required'.
5 actions to promote a more sustainable holiday transport system, namely:
1. we provide free easy-to-follow maps and bus routes to all our guests during our first day briefing session.
2. we provide a very handy bus routes timetable of buses #306 and #330 which stop just in front our accommodation going to capital Victoria, villages, Ramla beach, Marsalforn beach, Ggantija Prehistoric Megalithic Temples, museums, restaurants and crafts villages.
3. specially dedicated a library section entitled 'Walking Guide Books & Route maps' to promote a healthy lifestyle and therefore encourage our guests to discover the beauty of Gozitan wildlife on foot.
4. we also provide new 21-speed lightweight bicycles, helmets and lockers for free to encourage all our guests to discover Gozo on two wheels in a sustainable, healthy way.
5. for the more adventurous and young at heart, we promote horse riding picnic activities as an excellent sustainable way to diminish CO2 emissions while promoting the local farmers' products and services and the community at large.
PeopleWe encourage all our Special Guests to travel and live like locals while experiencing Gozo island.
We promote locally grown products, fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables from the local farmers in Lunzjata Valley just a 12min walk from apartment, the fresh catch of the day straight from the local fishermen or fish markets, the local crispy traditional bread from the foodstore just across the street, the local waterfront restaurants and bars just round the corner, family-run watersports and day trips company, small crafts shops, the family-run Gozo wine tasting tour and horse riding activities.
All this information is available at the apartment and we can help guests 24/7 with any information they would like to know.
Volunteering and charity
On Gozo, we support the local community whenever possible in all eco activities and events held during the year to promote a healthier, more sustainable lifestyle. This is done mainly through cleaning and waste separation campaigns organized by the Local Councils, petition signing where sustainable development is at risk and participation in local activities.
Local crafts and culture
All our guests are provided with both written material and first hand experience of the local crafts and latest cultural events on the island.
On arrival, we welcome all our special guests with a Welcome Food Pack and lunch. All the produce and ingredients are locally grown - freshly baked bread from the bakery, red tomatoes, cheeselets from sheep's milk, fresh basil and parsley, milk, water and some local delicacies from the local pastry shop.