South Downs cabin with hot tub
Alfriston, East SussexSee map here
Pricing depends on season and length of stay, and if you are including the wood-fired hot tub.
Please contact us for more details.
Please contact us for more details.
Description of South Downs cabin with hot tub
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetWe are committed to do 'our bit' to save the planet and encourage our guests to do the same. A small difference is a great place to start, and we welcome ideas of how we can continue this journey;
• We keep the inner cardboard from our toilet rolls and use them to help light the fire, so please leave them on the side so they may be recycled.
• Please do not leave the tap running unnecessarily.
• During Covid restrictions and guidelines, we are recycling maps and guides, and leaving sufficient times between guests – please excuse any slightly tatty brochures.
• Please enjoy wildlife from a distance and do not let your dog chase swans, etc. Farmers will advise where dogs should be kept on leads due to livestock – please abide by this advice.
• We ask our guests how many towels they require rather than provide and wash all, including unused towels, in line with Covid guidelines.
• We promote local walking routes on our doorstep, which in turn negates the need to use cars. This includes the South Downs Way, River Cuckmere and the local National Trust property, The Clergy House.
• We are introducing bicycle hire for our guests as an alternative to using their car, as well as promoting health benefits.
• We are introducing a car charging point to support the government initiative of moving from petrol/diesel vehicles in the future.
• We are planning to introduce food deliveries/welcome boxes and BBQ packs from local suppliers.
• Guests are provided with an electronic copy of our welcome book to save paper / trees.
• We are looking into options to promote star gazing and in turn help our guests enjoy the dark skies our location has to offer. We would like to encourage guests to be involved with the Dark Skies festival, and once Covid restrictions allow – provide books with local walks, wildlife, and binoculars to enjoy these further, and get children and adults alike, excited about nature.
PeopleWe are located in a small, friendly village, with a number of further villages nearby. As a community we are supporting each other, particularly through these unusual times.
We are lucky enough to have some fantastic places that make it easy to recommend, whether that is Much Ado Books, Drusillas, Rathfinny Wine Estate, The Long Man Brewery, The George, the Plough & Harrow at Litlington, Chestnuts or Badgers Tea Rooms and many more. We provide our guests with a local attraction guide within the welcome pack. Its always great to be able to offer alternative accommodation when dates are not available or where other options are required by potential guests.
We live on site, and have both grown up within the area so are more than happy to recommend great local places, such as Hope Gap for rock pooling - just beautiful!
We are collaborating with a local charity, WOLO, who do fantastic work supporting families affected by cancer. Its clear to see the great work they do.
Our offering at Alfriston Cabins promotes spending time outdoors, re-connecting with each other, and trying home made, local and fresh produce;
- Outdoor firepit with BBQ and marshmallow toasting
- Freshly pressed apple juice from our orchard
- Free range eggs from our chickens
- Homemade jam
....and we hope to increase this in the future.