China holiday and Yangtze river cruise
Optional single supplement £760.
Minimum age 16.
Description of China holiday and Yangtze river cruise
Classic tours in China should always include some of the country's, and the world's, most iconic symbols with the Great Wall of China, Terracotta Warriors and crowd-pleasing national animal, the giant panda, needing no introduction for cultured travellers and tourists alike.
However, take your tours in China on a Yangtze cruise and you'll start to see the country from a whole new perspective with limestone rock formations around Yangshuo and the jaw-dropping Three Gorges, along the middle of the Yangtze, adding to the excitement of an all-encompassing 20 day China holiday.
No China tour would be complete without comparing the ancient world and the contemporary equivalent with the hutong districts and Forbidden City in Beijing providing the perfect platform to travel overnight on sleeper trains and Yangtze cruise boats all the way to the bright lights of the Bund in Shanghai.
Check dates, prices & availability
5 Reviews of China holiday and Yangtze river cruise
Reviewed on 03 May 2019 by Jean ThomasThe food, the Terra Cotta warriors and the pandas were the most memorable parts of our holiday. Read full review
Reviewed on 26 Nov 2018 by Heather MagowanWalking the Great Wall of China was the most memorable part of the holiday Read full review
Reviewed on 13 Nov 2018 by Ruth ThompsonThe time in Yangshuo was the best part of the holiday. That landscape is amazing. Read full review
Reviewed on 28 Oct 2016 by Christine CaseyIt was excellent. We were particularly impressed with the local guide- his organisation local knowledge etc was tremendous and really made the holiday. Read full review
Reviewed on 14 May 2015 by gillian blackThe walk along part of the Great Wall of China. 9 out of 10! Read full review
How this trip helps improve life for local communities.
• Local guides keep you well informed about local traditions and cultural-social sensitivities.
• This trip brings income and opportunity to the destination community through the inclusion of locally owned hotels, restaurants, and other enterprises, and by championing locally produced food wherever possible.
• This trip visits local communities in Beijing Hutongs and in the Xian Muslim quarter. This provides an opportunity to gain an insight into culture and heritage.
• During this trip we have lunch with a local family which enables the sharing of cultures.
Tips for sustainable travel on this trip
• Leave no trace: we do all we can to ensure we leave no rubbish in the wild and beautiful places we visit; we ask that you do the same. If there are no recycling facilities in-country, consider bringing recyclable materials home with you.
• Plastic waste reduction: please bring a re-usable water bottle on this trip, also consider avoiding single-use hotel toiletries, which generate a large amount of plastic waste.
PeopleHow this trip helps protect and conserve local landscapes and nature.
• By travelling in a small group we ‘tread lightly’ to minimise our impact on local resources and the environment.
• We work with our partners on the ground to proactively reduce waste; this includes eliminating all single-use plastic water bottles by providing refills for re-usable bottles.
• The payment of entrance fees to natural reserves and archaeological sites generates income which is used for upkeep and development of these important sites.
• Our trips adhere to ABTA’s industry-leading animal welfare guidelines to ensure the best possible practices regarding working animals and wildlife viewing. Our animal welfare policy can be found here.
• We visit the Chengdu Panda breeding centre and fees collected fund their important work on conservation of this endangered species.
• We rewild 100 square metres per passenger to compensate for all trip and flight emissions.
Popular similar holidays
China highlights tour, tailor made
From US $2319 - US $2819 11 days including domestic flights only
Walk along the Great Wall and relax in the stunning LiRiver
China culture & hiking holiday
From US $2937 - US $3712 14 days including domestic flights only
A wonderful experience of real China
China 8 day tour
From £1315 8 days excluding flights
Discover the Great Wall, Terracotta Army and Shanghai