Jordan tailor made tour, hidden treasures
Description of Jordan tailor made tour, hidden treasures
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetOur aim is to be recognised both within Jordan and internationally as leading edge from a sustainability aspect; other businesses will seek us out to benchmark against us. We will be the operator of first choice for clients and staff that have an environmental conscience.
To achieve this we need to contribute to the preservation and enhancement of our natural environment. We strive to ensure we comply with all relevant environmental legislation and commit to making our environmental records available to environmental agencies and other interested parties. To achieve this we have actively demonstrated that we are engaging in the following:
• We respect and adore our beautiful environment, culture and history and strive to help others appreciate and maintain it.
• We stay in locally owned accommodation, having native guides and using activity options that are owned and operated by local people wherever possible. We focus on "authenticity".
• Our smaller group sizes have a minimal impact
• All our guides take responsibility for ensuring that the guests understand the nature of the environment that they are in and minimise the impact that they may have.
• As much as we can our office recycles waste and we use recycled products whenever possible.
• On hikes we minimize waste by using products with minimum packaging, leaving no litter and keeping all water sources clean, leaving camp-sites clean or cleaner than we find them. Rubbish is carried out.
PeopleWherever we are in the world, we prefer to use smaller locally-owned businesses, ensuring that local communities gain a direct economic benefit from our business.
• We use small locally owned hotels, campsites and activity providers wherever possible, and aim to do our food shopping in local markets where we can.
• By using the services of local guides, we support the economy as well as providing our passengers with the benefit of direct interaction with local people.
• Use of local suppliers means that our economic returns are far reaching and not just tourism based.
• we ensure that our operations generate true revenues and profits for the communities, as well as our providers receive a fair payment.
• We cooperate with the different service providers such as hotels, restaurants, community projects, local leaders and guides, etc.
• We actively participate in social development in the community by taking part in several projects initiated by ambitious locals such as the “Nakhwah” initiative that aims at promoting rural areas in Jordan while creating unique and authentic experience involving local the communities in these areas.