Morocco family small group tour

Travel Team

If you'd like to chat about this holiday or need help finding one we're very happy to help. The Travel Team.

01273 823 700 Calling from outside the UK?

Check dates

For departure dates contact us on 01273 823 700

Responsible tourism

As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we screen every trip so you can travel knowing your holiday will help support conservation and local people.

All our travellers are sent detailed pre-departure information upon booking their trip. This includes information on travelling responsibly and minimising their impact on the local environment. A section is devoted to minimising waste whilst travelling. Travellers are encouraged to remove unnecessary packaging from items before leaving home (recycling facilities are often more accessible in home countries) and to use either rechargeable batteries , wind-up or solar-powered electrical items-such as torches, cameras and mobile phones.
At the start of your trip your tour leader will aso remind the group of the importance of disposing of waste appropriately.

Our local Moroccan operator is a key player in the Ait Ouhem Association for Development, a local, community-led organisation in the Atlas Mountains.

Recently, in conjunction with their Animal Welfare Policy our local operator has begun to financially suport Jarjeer Mule and Donkey Refuge. Jarjeer Mules is a retirement home, orphanage and care centre for working equines in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains near Marrakech. The team works with local people offering support not only to equines but also to children and adults who want to learn more about equine care.
Our Operator adheres to a clear Animal Welfare policy. This is particularly important in regard to the camel treks that are offered as part of this trip. Care is taken to ensure that the camels only work for a regulated number of hours per day; maximum weight limits are imposed on what, or who, they can carry and how they are treated.

The Impacts of this Trip

Our local operator running these tours, works with the Ait Ouham Association for Development, a local grass roots organisation based in the Atlas Mountains. One of the Associations main goals is to help alleviate the poor infrastructure in the school and around the village. For the past 11 years, we have donated 5 per passenger per booking to help the Association achieve its goals.
Some of the things that have come to fruition through our support of the Association are:
1) We helped to build much needed bathrooms for the village school
2) During the harsh winters of 2015 and 2016 we worked with the Association to provide food supplies to all 110 families of the village
3) The Association was able to dedicate a room within their offices specifically for first aid supplies and emergency medical supplies
4) We are currently working with the Association and the local council on a plan to provide fresh tap water to all the homes in the village in the near future
5) We purchase materials such as bags, copybooks, books, pens and other supplies and donate them to the village school which in turn helps encourage students to continue their studies
6) We created a textile cooperative for the women of the village so they can earn a living which would otherwise be unavailable to them
7) We are sponsors of the local football team and we organise football tournaments in the summer holidays

One major project we are incredibly proud of is the building of a bridge over the river running through the village. In the past the water would rise in the winter months and cut off the villagers from each other. In conjunction with the Ait Ouham Association we approached the local council and government and successfully convinced them to contribute 75% of the cost to build the bridge and our local operator contributed the other 25% (the total budget of the project was 210,000dhs) then worked with the Association to project manage the bridge construction. Now, in the winter months, life is easier as access is maintained between families and villagers.


Popular similar holidays

Luxury trekking holiday in the Atlas Mountains

Luxury trekking holiday in the Atlas Mountains

Stay at the Kasbah du Toubkal and trek in style

From 957 6 days excluding flights

Morocco family adventure holiday

Morocco family adventure holiday

Kasbahs & bustling cities to mountains & oases

From 1000 - 1143 8 days including UK flights

Exciting family holiday in Morocco

Exciting family holiday in Morocco

A fabulous family holiday including the best of Morocco

From 1600 - 2000 16 days excluding flights

Morocco family holiday

Morocco family holiday

Discover the sights and sounds of Morocco with the children

From 480 - 510 8 days excluding flights

Convert currencies