Azores holiday, Faial and Pico
Description of Azores holiday, Faial and Pico
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetIn this program, you will have not only the opportunity to learn about the importance of the marine ecosystem, but you can also actively participate in its protection! Our main aims are:
- Raising awareness to the growing ocean pollution problem in the Azores
- Support in the cleaning of Porto Pim Beach (very polluted by the accumulation of plastics coming from the ocean)
- Raising awareness of the existence of rare and unique ecosystems, of that region, which must be preserved
- Changing the way tourism is negatively affecting the environment in a Protected Natural area
In this project, we work with small groups usually up to 10 strong to ensure that we don't put too much pressure on the natural resources and to offer a personalized experience.
Our (awesome) team
We live our values and promises in our day-to-day lives! Through energy conservation measures, responsible shopping and recycling policies, we are proud to be actively reducing the waste produced and our impact on the environment. We are currently being certified as a B-Corp!
Travelers can also work to raise awareness of the locals! They can create and participate in initiatives and events which promote the education towards a more sustainable approach in sectors such as fishing, water sports, etc...
Local sourcing and economy
We only promote tourism experiences who respect local traditions and minimize social negative impacts. We always hire locally guided tours.
The Azorean islands are some of the most impoverished areas of Portugal. By having a dynamic tourism sector we are contributing to generating value to the local community.
Through volunteer work, flexible working hours that promote a better work-life balance, and sourcing from local and socially and environmentally responsible suppliers we strive to apply our values to our everyday work ethic as a company.
Our Key Performance Indicators are:
- Number of sensitized participants
- Number of hours spent cleaning up the Porto Pim beach
- Square meters of cleaned beach
- Number of marine species identified during snorkeling
- Number of dives