Yoga teacher training courses in Spain
Take your yoga experience to a new level on a 4-week yoga teacher-training course led by experts at one of our most popular yoga retreats. Set within the mountainous Valencian countryside, all food is organic, vegan and locally-sourced.
We ask for a deposit of 30% to secure your place, with the balance paid in instalments during your 4 week course. Prices depend on the room that you choose to stay in & the season. All accommodation is lovely single occupancy with en suite bathroom.
Book a retreat or course with us and if government restrictions dictate that you are not able to come, we will carry over your full booking deposit to another date of your choice, giving you a year in which to decide your re-booking dates.
Description of Yoga teacher training courses in Spain
Reopening early in 2022 for retreats and Yoga Teacher Training courses. For more information please contact us and tell us about any specific dates you are interested in.
Our partners behind this holiday promote inclusivity on all their trips and across their business and we are all committed to ensuring travellers face no discrimination on any part of the trip they control.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- We actively recycle and Benissiva village has recycle bins which we use regularly to recycle plastics, glass, paper, cardboard. We provide bins for recycling paper, plastics and glass in the kitchen for guests to use here.
- We do not print brochures - instead we provide all of our information electronically via the internet.
- Any information we do print - whether about ourselves or the charity we support - ‘People For Animals’ - is printed on paper from sustainable forestry.
- All of the cleaning products we use here are environmentally friendly. We use products from Ecover or local companies such as Ecotech and Ahimsa.
- All washing is done at low temperatures.
- We encourage awareness for responsible usage of electricity and water (with nice signs around the retreat centre).
- Nearly everything here is locally sourced so as to limit transport and so minimise effects on the environment and minimise packaging waste.
- Most of our paper hygiene products - napkins, kitchen towels, toilet paper and so forth come from European companies which are committed to the environment, sustainable forestry and to recycling. Many of the products we use carry the FSC logo (Forest Stewardship Council, an international non-profit organization established in 1993 that promotes responsible management of the world's forests, i.e. sustainable forestry) or the EU Ecolabel. The EU Ecolabel helps identify products and services that have a reduced environmental impact throughout their life cycle, from the extraction of raw material through to production, use and disposal.
- Nearly all of our lighting is with energy saving light bulbs again to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Our yoga products are friendly to the environment. Our yoga straps are made from organic cotton so that pesticides and other chemicals have not been put into the earth where the cotton was grown. The yoga mats that we use are made from non-harmful plastics as well.
- We are very much involved in a charity in India called People For Animals. They have around 36 animal hospitals all over India including one in Mysore, India where we spend winter ourselves. We talk to students/guests who come here about the nature of Ahimsa or non-violence and tell them about the charity. We also donate a small part of our profits to People for Animals too. Our work with this charity conveys very well the nature and the underlying philosophy of yoga.
- We provide information on local walking routes here in the Valencian countryside to guests who come here.
Beautiful guided hikes are offered directly from the retreat location (no driving necessary).
- Our permanent staff live locally. Our temporary staff live a short walk away from the retreat centre.
- All of our foods are organic. These means that the foods are grown in an environment that is free from pesticides, chemical fertilizers and other products that are harmful to the environment, to the soil and to the consumer. Organically grown food is also higher in vitamins, bioflavinoids and other nutrients that are anti-oxidant. Our aim is to truly create a healthy environment where our guests and the soil can thrive.
- All meals are plant-based (so there's less encouragement of carbon emissions).
- We organise a group transfer for our guests.
PeopleWe work hard to maintain two of the foundations of yoga practice - Yama and Niyama which are rules for social and moral conduct. It is therefore very important for us to have a positive connection with the local people in our community.
- Many of our staff are local. Our head chef prepares the most amazing healthy and delicious food that you can imagine and lives in a local village called Benirrama. Our housekeepers are local too. Our handyman and gardeners are from Benissiva village too. Our drivers live in the Valencian Community.
All of our fruits and vegetables are organic and sourced from local farmers. Most of it comes from a local organic farmer called Joan who grows everything on two large plots in the Valencian countryside within 25km of the retreat.
We also have organic Valencian oranges growing here on the retreat centre and they are the most delicious oranges we have tasted! Using these local farmers for fresh produce reduces the impact on the environment in terms of transport and emissions. It also means that our food is much fresher and hence more healthy & tasty and it means that we provide money to the local community, which is very important to us. Our dry foods also come locally from Spain as well - some even from nearby villages too.
All of our staff are invited to the yoga, meditation and other classes and some of our chefs are really developing as yoga students as a result.
Popular similar holidays
From €410 5 days excluding flights
Spanish courses in Granada, Andalucia