Yoga teacher training courses in Spain
Take your yoga experience to a new level on a 23 days yoga teacher-training course led by experts at one of our most popular yoga retreats. Set within the mountainous Valencian countryside, all food is organic, vegan and locally-sourced.
Description of Yoga teacher training courses in Spain
Check dates, prices & availability
You get up, and go through the motions: commute, work, commute, sleep. Until one day, you don’t. You wake up and the sun is shining for the first time...
The word ‘yoga’ for some still conjures up the stereotype of chanting hippies in headbands; a very outdated and actually pretty offensive idea. What y...
Our partners behind this holiday promote inclusivity on all their trips and across their business and we are all committed to ensuring travellers face no discrimination on any part of the trip they control.
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Planet- We actively recycle and Pego has recycle bins which we use regularly to recycle plastics, glass, paper, cardboard.
- We do not print brochures - instead we provide all of our information electronically via the internet.
- Any information we do print is printed on paper from sustainable forestry.
- All washing is done at low temperatures.
- We encourage awareness for responsible usage of electricity and water.
- Nearly everything here is locally sourced so as to limit transport and so minimise effects on the environment and minimise packaging waste.
- Most of our paper hygiene products - napkins, kitchen towels, toilet paper and so forth come from European companies which are committed to the environment, sustainable forestry and to recycling. Many of the products we use carry the FSC logo (Forest Stewardship Council, an international non-profit organization established in 1993 that promotes responsible management of the world's forests, i.e. sustainable forestry) or the EU Ecolabel. The EU Ecolabel helps identify products and services that have a reduced environmental impact throughout their life cycle, from the extraction of raw material through to production, use and disposal.
- Nearly all of our lighting is with energy saving light bulbs again to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Our yoga products are friendly to the environment. Our yoga straps are made from organic cotton so that pesticides and other chemicals have not been put into the earth where the cotton was grown. The yoga mats that we use are made from non-harmful plastics as well.
- We are very much involved in a local animals charity called APROP. Our work with this charity conveys very well the nature and the underlying philosophy of yoga.
- We provide information on local walking routes here in the Valencian countryside to guests who come here.
Beautiful hikes can be taken directly from the retreat location (no driving necessary).
- Our permanent staff live locally.
- All of our foods are organic. These means that the foods are grown in an environment that is free from pesticides, chemical fertilizers and other products that are harmful to the environment, to the soil and to the consumer. Organically grown food is also higher in vitamins, bioflavinoids and other nutrients that are anti-oxidant. Our aim is to truly create a healthy environment where our guests and the soil can thrive.
- All meals are plant-based (so there's less encouragement of carbon emissions).
- We encourage a group transfer for our guests with a local English speaking driver.
PeopleWe work hard to maintain two of the foundations of yoga practice - Yama and Niyama which are rules for social and moral conduct. It is therefore very important for us to have a positive connection with the local people in our community.
- Many of our staff are local. Our head chef prepares the most amazing healthy and delicious food that you can imagine and lives in a local village called Benirrama. Our housekeepers are local too. Our handyman is from Pego too. Our driver lives in the Valencian Community.
All of our fruits and vegetables are organic and sourced from local farmers.
Most of it comes from a local well known organic farmer called Joan who grows everything on two large plots in the Valencian countryside within 25km of the retreat.
Using these local farmers for fresh produce reduces the impact on the environment in terms of transport and emissions. It also means that our food is much fresher and hence more healthy & tasty and it means that we provide money to the local community, which is very important to us. Our dry foods also come locally from Spain as well - some even from nearby villages too.
All of our staff are invited to the yoga, meditation and other classes and some of our chefs are really developing as yoga students as a result.
Popular similar holidays
Learn Spanish in Granada, Spain
From €310 5 days excluding flights
A variety of Spanish courses in Granada
Cuba salsa dance holiday
From £1750 - £1850 15 days excluding flights
Learn to salsa with the pros in Santiago de Cuba, tuition, day trips and nights out
Cuba music holidays
From £985 7 days excluding flights
Music holiday of a lifetime in Santiago de Cuba