Tajikistan tailor made holiday
Description of Tajikistan tailor made holiday
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetThe aim of this trip is to experience culture and nature in one of the least visited countries in the world. By minimising the environmental impact of our trips, we can do our bit to preserve the essence of Tajikistan.
- As part of this itinerary (and all of our trips) we provide water filtration bottles to all our customers. We strongly encourage them to be used as alternatives to bottled water so to reduce our use of single use plastics.
- Guests on this trip will be encouraged to eat locally sourced food at bazaars, family-run restaurants, mountain homestays, orchards and more. By ensuring this, we can reduce the food miles behind what we and our guests consume.
- On this adventure, you'll visit a moutain wildlife reserve that is protecting endangered Snow leopards, Markhor Goats and more. By investing in this intiative, we are helping to preserve precious wildlife in this remote part of the world.
- At our UK based office we source all of our energy from renewable sources, keep the paper usage as low as possible and have a strict recycling policy
PeopleThis trip has a focus on engaging with local communities and learning from them. Tajik people are some of the friendliest in the world, and we encourage you to connect with them. By doing so, you'll gain a genuine understanding of this often misunderstood country and the people that call it home.
- We always work with local guides to ensure specialist skills and knowledge are retained in the local community and to be certain that tourism income is kept within the local economy.
- On this adventure, you will be staying in a plenty of family-run homestays and community-run accomodation. This includes a mosque in the mountains, where you'll get to know the imam and break bread alongside the locals.
- You'll also be spending a lot of time with isolated communities in the Pamirs and Fann Mountains. By visiting and bringing money into the local economy, we are helping to make village life in the Tajik mountains sustainable for the next generation.