Luxury Sao Tome & Principe holiday

£5250 excluding flights
Convert currency:
11 Days
Tailor made
Make enquiry

Description of Luxury Sao Tome & Principe holiday

Price information

£5250 excluding flights
Convert currency:
Make enquiry

Departure information

This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements

Travel guides

Sao Tome & Principe
Once known as the Chocolate Islands, because cocoa was the main product of its colonial years under Portuguese rule, this stunning, tropical, dual isl...
I am a grown man, and have travelled all over Africa. But the first time I saw a tiger in the wilds of India, I cried.

Responsible Travel

As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.


We are committed to responsible values, which are echoed in all elements of our tours and holidays. We work with accommodation providers and local suppliers who share this dedication to responsible travel by focusing on environmental, conservation and community initiatives.

You will visit some of the most biologically significant places in the world on this Luxury Sao Tome & Principe Journey itinerary, including the pristine beaches and lush rainforests of Sundy Praia and Bom Bom Island, and Principe Island, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. In our detailed pre-departure travel pack we have included a note to remind you not leave any litter in the national parks and reserves – everything you carry in, you must carry out. Aside from the environmental damage, litter can be harmful to the wildlife. By visiting these sites (all entrance fees are included in your luxury tour), you are supporting the preservation and conservation of these areas, and indicating to authorities that tourists are interested in protecting Sao Tome & Principe's incredible natural environments.

On Principe Island, you’ll stay at stay at Bom Bom Island Resort, where they support the conservation of sea turtles in the region and uses natural products at their spa.. You’ll also stay at Sundy Praia, one of National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World. They use local materials, locally handcrafted furnishings, natural produce from the island in their seasonal menus, and is committed toto maintaining and building harmony between the people and their island, by providing a model of sustainable, responsible tourism, with the people of Principe involved at its core.

Our UK office takes a leading role in setting the standards for an environmentally friendly work environment. We work with local government to recycle our waste and continually look for new ways to be greener, including encouraging travellers to bring reusable water bottles on their holiday.

We recognise that flying is damaging to the environment, however these flights are included in this trip to allow our customers to visit more remote areas that benefit from the economic results of tourism, including Principe Island.


During your time in Sao Tome & Principe, we encourage you to support the local economy by buying authentic handmade products such as embroidery and jewellery at markets, villages and small-scale souvenir shops, rather than hotel tourist shops or on organised shopping trips. When you buy products at markets, villages and small-scale souvenir shops you are helping to support a fragile economy and supporting local artisans helps keep traditional crafts alive.

We also select accommodations which have their own community projects or initiatives, such as Bom Bom Island Resort, where you’ll get to know the culture of Principe Island and learn the secrets of organic farming at a local plantation house, Roça Paciência, where you’ll taste the different aromas and tastes of Príncipe Island’s aromatic herbs and medicinal plants.

You’ll also stay at Sundy Praia, who work with the people of Principe in the sustainable and responsible development of Principe island, as well as to the conservation of its precious biodiversity. At Sundy Praia the oils and creams in your room are all produced by locals at the organic farm we have established at Paciencia. As well, nearly 60 percent of their staff come from the island itself, and the remaining 40 percent from São Tomé.

Popular similar holidays

Sao Tome & Principe holiday

Sao Tome & Principe holiday

From £4150 14 days including UK flights

A wonderful break on the tropical isles, Sao Tome & Principe

Sao Tome & Principe honeymoon adventure

Sao Tome & Principe honeymoon adventure

From £6200 8 days excluding flights

Snorkelling in secluded bays & stunning waterfall hikes

Sao Tome & Principe holidays

Sao Tome & Principe holidays

From £3200 8 days excluding flights

Lush rainforests, sapphire seas and nature at its finest