Vikos-Aoos National Park holiday in Greece
Description of Vikos-Aoos National Park holiday in Greece
Check dates, prices & availability
Theres just something about walking in Greece that expands the sensual appetite. Maybe its the ocean breeze; goat bells in the mountains; perhaps th...
Wilderness areas are virtually unmodified from their natural state by human interference. Theyre where wildlife including large predators roams f...
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetIn this trip we will explore one of the few protected areas in Greece, the National Park of Vikos-Aoos. We will encourage our guests to behave in a environmentally coincous manner by means of information, prevention, and environmental protection. Specifically
Prior to the tour:
- We will provide the group with information about the park's ecosystem (via email)
- We will introduce the group to the principles of the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics (via email)
- We will invite the group to avoid using disposable water bottles, plates or cuttlery (environmental policy sent via email)
During the tour:
- We will be travelling in small groups so we have less impact on the wildlife
- We will be walking on designated paths
- We will be collecting our litter making sure nothing is left behind. To the extend possible we will also clean from relevant litter (e.g. water bottles) that we see on our way.
- We will informing the guests about the local geology, flora and fauna that we will be seeing
After the tour:
We will inform the group about local environmental organisations that they could support
PeopleOne of our basic principles in our trips is to support local communities. We usually suggest to our clients to prefer buying local products (goods, craft and souvenirs) from the villages we visit rather shopping from big super markets in the city. We try to keep the profit in the community.
We always buy our food supplies from local markets of the area and we try to build a relationship of respect and co-operation. The area of Epirus is well known in Greece for its tasteful food products and the hospitality of locals.
During this tour we will stay in cozy family run hotels or traditional guest houses that highlight the local architecture. We always avoid to stay in big-chain resorts.
We collaborate with local business that offer activities in the area, such as the rafting and we always try to explore new fields of collaboration in the area and include relevant activities in the tour.
Popular similar holidays
Greece walking holiday, Kythnos
From 495 6 days excluding flights
Hiking holiday on Kythnos, a beautiful Greek island in the Cyclades group
Cyclades walking holidays in Greece
From £1795 - £2095 8 days including UK flights
A gently active holiday in the Cyclades
Self drive holiday in Northern Greece, hike & tour
From £525 - £650 8 days excluding flights
Macedonia & Epirus - sightseeing & walking in ancient Greece