Kerry Camino walking holiday, Tralee to Dingle
Description of Kerry Camino walking holiday, Tralee to Dingle
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Ways that we reduce environment waste on this trip include:
- Emailing documentation to our clients to reduce paper consumption. Our paper use is restricted to the Pilgrim's credential which is necessary for clients to collect stamps along the Camino as proof of their walk in order to be eligible to collect a Certificate of Completion.
- Discourage the use of plastic water bottles and advise clients to take reusable water bottles which they can fill up along the Camino route
- Encourage clients to take a reusable eco friendly shopping bag for carrying supplies bought in shops along the trail as opposed to using plastic bags.
As we provide walking trips, our trips are a low impact form of travelling as there is limited transport use. If clients need airport transfers at the start or end of their trip, we source taxi drivers who use modern vehicles with low CO2 emissions.
In the documentation that we email our clients, they are encouraged to:
- Not waste running water
- Not to litter the Kerry Camino trail
- Dispose of waste in appropriate bins
- Pick up litter on the trails to help keep the Camino trail clean
- Respect animals and flora and fauna along the route
- Stay on the sign posted Camino path at all times.
PeopleFriends & Neighbours
Magic Hill Holidays is committed to supporting the local rural communities in this rural part of west Kerry. As clients of this trip stay in four locations along the Kerry Camino (Tralee, Camp, Annascaul and Dingle), their money is spread throughout these small villages and towns. This type of holiday offers a great contribution to creating and sustaining employment in the local community for clients compared to traditional holidays packages that concentrate the money spent by tourists in one single location for example if they choose to stay in one hotel in Dingle.
Our business model supports suppliers at a local level so the majority of clients money goes directly towards helping small businesses on this Peninsula. Clients stay in small family run/owned B&Bs along the Camino route instead of large hotel chains. Breakfast is supplied each morning and the food, including eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and meat products, is sourced locally. We provide a list of recommendations for clients of locally owned restaurants along the Camino route in Tralee, Camp, Annascaul and Dingle, thereby avoiding large franchise restaurants, and we source local taxi drivers for airport transfers.
Local Crafts and Culture
We only work with accommodation providers who are knowledgeable and passionate about their area, who support other local businesses. It is important to us at Magic Hill that suppliers can provide our clients with information about the local area including things to do (which they can assist organise for our clients), as well as details of the local history, culture and customs of this rural part of Ireland. We believe this knowledge greatly adds to our clients overall experience by offering a local insight into life in this rural Peninsula.
An example of Day trips that can be organised by our B&B supplier in Dingle include:
1) Sightseeing - can arrange for a local taxi to bring clients on a scenic drive of the Peninsula and the magnificent Slea Head which incorporates some archaeological sights. Clients will be taken to visit workshops of local artisans producing Cut Glass, Handcrafted Leather, Whiskey and Pottery as well as a traditional Irish pub for a local lunch.
2) Cookery Class - They also arrange cooking classes where clients can learn about traditional Irish cooking at the Dingle Cookery School
3) Photography Workshop - with a local photographer where clients will be taken to the best of the Peninsula and
4) Eco-Tours - sea tours with a local guide to observe the sea life, dolphins, whales, seals, and the bird life, puffins, shearwaters, gannets, around the magnificent Blasket Islands.
All these Day trips support small business in the local area of this Peninsula.
Popular similar holidays
From £850 8 days excluding flights
Discover the The Iveragh Peninsula