Kerry Way walking holidays, Killarney to Cahersiveen
Description of Kerry Way walking holidays, Killarney to Cahersiveen
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Ways that we reduce environment waste on this trip include:
- Emailing documentation to our clients to reduce paper consumption. Our paper use is restricted to the Pilgrim's credential which is necessary for clients to collect stamps along the Camino as proof of their walk in order to be eligible to collect a Certificate of Completion.
- Discourage the use of plastic water bottles and advise clients to take reusable water bottles which they can fill up along the Kerry Way route
- Encourage clients to take a reusable eco friendly shopping bag for carrying supplies bought in shops along the trail as opposed to using plastic bags.
As we provide walking trips, our trips are a low impact form of travelling as there is limited transport use. If clients need airport transfers at the start or end of their trip, we source taxi drivers who use modern vehicles with low CO2 emissions.
In the documentation that we email our clients, they are encouraged to:
- Not waste running water
- Not to litter the Kerry Way trail
- Dispose of waste in appropriate bins
- Pick up litter on the trails to help keep the trail clean
- Respect animals and flora and fauna along the route
- Stay on the sign posted Kerry Way path at all times.
PeopleFriends & Neighbours
Magic Hill Holidays is committed to supporting the local rural communities in this rural part of west Kerry. As clients of this trip stay in four locations along the Kerry Way (Killarney, Black Valley, Glencar, Glenbeigh and Cahersiveen), their money is spread throughout these small villages and towns. This type of holiday offers a great contribution to creating and sustaining employment in the local community for clients compared to traditional holidays packages that concentrate the money spent by tourists in one single location for example if they choose to stay in one hotel in Killarney.
Our business model supports suppliers at a local level so the majority of clients money goes directly towards helping small businesses on this Peninsula. Clients stay in small family run/owned B&Bs along the Camino route instead of large hotel chains. Breakfast is supplied each morning and the food, including eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and meat products, is sourced locally. We provide a list of recommendations for clients of locally owned restaurants along the Camino route for evening meals in Killarney, Black Valley, Glencar, Glenbeigh and Cahersiveen, thereby avoiding large franchise restaurants, and we source local taxi drivers for airport transfers.
Local Crafts and Culture
We only work with accommodation providers who are knowledgeable and passionate about their area, who support other local businesses. It is important to us at Magic Hill that suppliers can provide our clients with information about the local area including things to do (which they can assist organise for our clients), as well as details of the local history, culture and customs of this rural part of Ireland. We believe this knowledge greatly adds to our clients overall experience by offering a local insight into life in this rural Peninsula.
An example of trips that can be organised by our accommodation suppliers along this route include:
1) Boat trip on Killarney lakes and visit to the Innisfallen Island
2) Guided day trip through Killarney National Park, Muckross House and Ross Castle
3) Boat trip to Skelligs Island to visit the 6th century monastic settlement
4) Ring of Kerry Tour with a local tour company
In additional, our accommodation suppliers provide local advice about fishing, cycling, golf, horseriding in the area as well as mountain climbing on one of the many mountains on the Peninsula including Carrauntoohill; Irelands highest mountain.
All these trips and information support small business in the local area of this rural Peninsula.
Popular similar holidays
From £850 8 days excluding flights
Discover the The Iveragh Peninsula