Kerry Camino walking holiday, Ireland to Spain
Description of Kerry Camino walking holiday, Ireland to Spain
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
Ways that we reduce environment waste on this trip include:
- Emailing documentation to our clients to reduce paper consumption. Our paper use is restricted to the Pilgrim's credential which is necessary for clients to collect stamps along the Camino as proof of their walk in order to be eligible to collect a Certificate of Completion.
- Discourage the use of plastic water bottles and advise clients to take reusable water bottles which they can fill up along the Camino route
- Encourage clients to take a reusable eco friendly shopping bag for carrying supplies bought in shops along the trail as opposed to using plastic bags.
As we provide walking trips, our trips are a low impact form of travelling as there is limited transport use. If clients need airport transfers at the start or end of their trip, we source taxi drivers who use modern vehicles with low CO2 emissions.
In the documentation that we email our clients, they are encouraged to:
- Not waste running water
- Not to litter the Camino trail
- Dispose of waste in appropriate bins
- Pick up litter on the trails
- Respect animals and flora and fauna along the route
- Stay on the sign posted Camino path at all times.
PeopleFriends & Neighbours
Magic Hill Holidays is committed to supporting the local rural communities in this rural part of west Kerry and Galicia. As clients of this trip stay in different locations along the Camino in both Ireland and Spain, their money is spread throughout these small villages and towns.
This type of holiday helps to create and sustain employment in local communities compared to traditional holiday packages which concentrate the money spent by tourists to a single hotel or town.
Our business model supports local suppliers so the majority of clients money goes directly towards helping small businesses along the Kerry Camino and English Way. Clients stay in small family run/owned B&Bs along the Camino instead of large hotel chains. Breakfast is supplied each morning and the food in both Ireland and Spain is sourced locally. We provide a list of recommendations for clients of locally owned restaurants along both Camino routes, thereby avoiding large franchise restaurants, and we source local taxi drivers for airport transfers in Spain and Ireland.
Local Crafts and Culture
We only work with accommodation providers who are knowledgeable and passionate about their area, who support other local businesses. It is important to us at Magic Hill that suppliers can provide our clients with information about the local area including things to do (which they can assist organise for our clients), as well as details of the local history, culture and customs of these rural parts of Ireland and Spain. We believe this knowledge greatly adds to our clients overall experience by offering a local insight into life in these rural locations.
Popular similar holidays
From £850 8 days excluding flights
Discover the The Iveragh Peninsula