Photography tour in England
Description of Photography tour in England
For departure dates contact us on 01273 823 700
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetAll of our photography holidays are essentially small group travel and capped at 10 guests. This trip will have no more than 6 guests.
Whenever possible we will explore our locations by foot which helps reducing pollution, environmental noise and damage.
We operate a ‘leave no trace’ policy in Shrewsbury and the Shropshire Hills, archaeological sites, monuments and other sensitive areas; these should be treated with the ultimate respect to maintain them for future generations.
We are committed to offering low impact holidays. Photography is generally a quiet, contemplative activity and our guests are always careful not to leave traces or intrude in any way on other people’s life and activities.
Our accommodation is in the centre of Shrewsbury Town and in walking distance to the majority of our locations allowing us to keep driving to a bare minimum.
We support local environmental associations through passing on information about their policy and raising awareness of current issues and environmental sustainability. We actively encourage guests to travel responsibly and to consider the following guidelines:
• When out in wild places to keep erosion to a minimum, keep to footpaths or rights of way and avoid stepping on, or picking native flora.
• When near wildlife or bird colonies minimise human disruption of the natural environment taking considerable care during breeding seasons so as to not disturb nesting birds and wildlife.
• To take the time to carry out some research about Shropshire and its unique urban and natural environment and history.
• To avoid plastic waste a metal or heavy-duty plastic bottle such as Nalgene to refill with water from a safe source is recommended and encouraged with all of our guests.
• To respect local customs religion, traditions and personal property boundaries.
• To photograph local people and places of religious significance with sensitivity and respect.
• Send copies of photos to local people if requested and promised.
• To read labels and buy local products such as food and souvenirs so that money directly benefits the community.
• To reduce pollution and carry out all litter. Recycle wherever possible. This is especially important on the Long Mynd and Stiperstones as there is limited facilities to process waste and recycle.
Wherever possible we work electronically and promote considerate use of digital resources. We are primarily web based for all administrative communications with minimal use of office paper.
PeopleWe are happy to work with local community groups supporting their promotion of tourism through the provision of free, high quality photographs.
Tourism is an important source of income for the local people in Shropshire. Our accommodation is provided by a small, family-run hotel in Shrewsbury which are within walking distance of the majority of our locations.
Whilst our Shropshire holiday visits some popular locations, we frequently avoid the times of the day when some “honey-pots” can be created and which can damage the environment and erode community heritage and goodwill.
We choose to run our photographic holidays during the off season when we can really make a difference to the local tourist economy.
We collaborate closely with local businesses and partners who have been carefully selected for their shared respect for our sustainable ethos and environmental values. We work with local operators and our photographic guides are trained to share our commitment to responsible travel wherever possible.
Popular similar holidays
From £3250 10 days excluding flights
Photographic trip in the stunning west and southeast Iceland