Adelaide Hills wellness retreat in Australia
Description of Adelaide Hills wellness retreat in Australia
Check dates, prices & availability
The word ‘yoga’ for some still conjures up the stereotype of chanting hippies in headbands; a very outdated and actually pretty offensive idea. What y...
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetEnvironmental sustainability is deeply ingrained into our company culture and we are totally committed to the preservation of our natural environment for generations to come. We are an Advanced Eco-certified tour company meaning our tours adhere to best practice and standards for environmentally responsible tourism.However sustainable is no longer good enough and we are now taking steps to move into Regenerative Tourism.
From 2008 to 2021 we planted 1.2 hectares of native vegetation. Now living in Port Lincoln we have formed a partnership with The Eyre Peninsula Regional Development Board and Parks South Australia and have a range of new regeneration programs in Lincoln National Park and Coffin Bay National Park under development. These that will give travellers the opportunity to participate in meaningful conservation work making a long term impact on the regions we travel. These areas will also be used for revegetation.
Some of our other environmental practices include:
• Our guides have extensive knowledge on native plants and animals, indigenous culture and eco-tourism and will share this knowledge with our passengers
• We pay a premium for all of our ‘green energy’ electricity produced from renewable sources
Specific to this tour:
* No single use plastic on tours
* We take an Electric bike tour from the accommodation around the Adelaide Hills instead of using the vehicle
* We visit Jurlique - a certified organic and biodynamic* farm, to educate people about sustainable farming.
* Passengers do a forest bathing and meditation experience
* We recycle all waste from the tours
People* We use a number of Adelaide Hills suppliers and venues from accommodation to practitioners, stimulating the local economy.
* We only work with suppliers and venues that have regenerative principles like us.
* We purchase food for the tour in the Adelaide Hills and always give preference to local fresh produce from farmgates and small local businesses.
* We are giving people the opportunity to reconnect with themselves, Country and others. This tour is packed with day after day of wellness experiences such as yoga, meditation, mindfulness, massage, nature walks and nourishing food giving people the freedom to find themselves. Leading to a happier and healthier global community.
* We visit Neringa for a paddock to plate and organic farming experience
* Passengers participate in a nourishing Ayurvedic cooking class with Lydia Rega from Port Elliot Wellness to learn about healthy ways of cooking.
As part of our Regeneration Roadmap we have aligned our business with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). For this tour we align with #3 Good Health and #11 Sustainable Communities.
Popular similar holidays
South Australia yoga retreat near Adelaide
From AU $1825 4 days excluding flights
Nourishing retreat on the Fleurieu Peninsula, near Adelaide
Margaret River glamping & yoga retreat, Australia
From AU $1450 4 days excluding flights
A regenerating wellness and yoga retreat from Perth
Western Australia wellness and yoga retreat
From AU $1975 4 days including domestic flights only
Yoga & wellness in the coastal paradise of Esperance