South Australia yoga retreat near Adelaide
Description of South Australia yoga retreat near Adelaide
Check dates, prices & availability
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetEnvironmental sustainability is deeply ingrained into our company culture and we are totally committed to the preservation of our natural environment for generations to come. We are an Advanced Eco-certified tour company meaning our tours adhere to best practice and standards for environmentally responsible tourism.
However sustainable is no longer good enough and we are now taking steps to move into Regenerative Tourism. We will launch our 5 year Regen Roadmap in the first quarter of 2022.
From 2008 to 2021 we planted 1.2 hectares of native vegetation, 100% offsetting our carbon footprint. We have many partnerships with land management and conservation organizations with a have a range of new regeneration programs in Lincoln National Park and Coffin Bay National Park under development. These that will give travellers the opportunity to participate in meaningful conservation work making a long term impact on the regions we travel. These areas will also be used for revegetation for us to continue to be carbon positive, not just neutral.
Some of our other environmental practices include:
• Eco Tourism Australia Accredited
• Climate action certified as a ‘Climate Change Innovator’
• Our guides have extensive knowledge on native plants and animals, indigenous culture and eco-tourism and will share this knowledge with our passengers
• We spend over $10,000 annually on our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
• In addition we contribute $15,000 annually with in-kind labour
• We pay a premium for all of our ‘green energy’ electricity produced from renewable sources
* We have implemented a "beach tax" where passengers take a rubbish bag on a beach walk and collect any rubbish they might find.
Specific to this tour:
* No single use plastic on tours
* We recycle all waste from the tour
* We visit Gemtree biodynamic vineyard for a walking Eco-trail around the McLaren Vale region rather than driving. Passengers will learn about sustainable farming and see koalas.
* Passengers take to the water on a kayaking trip and learn about local marine life.
* Passengers will roam through untouched pockets of bushland in Deep Creek Conservation Park and learn about local fauna and flora.
People* We use around 30 local Fleurieu Peninsula suppliers including accommodation, practitioners, yogis, farm gates, vineyards, shops, tourism operators and cafes, stimulating the local economy.
* We only work with suppliers and venues that have regenerative principles like us.
* We purchase food for the tour in the region and always give preference to local fresh produce from farmgates and small local businesses.
* We are giving people the opportunity to reconnect with themselves, Country and others. This tour is packed with day after day of wellness experiences such as yoga, meditation, mindfulness, nature walks and nourishing food giving people the freedom to find themselves. Leading to a happier and healthier global community.
* Passengers participate in a nourishing Ayurvedic cooking class with Lydia Rega from Port Elliot Wellness to learn about healthy ways of cooking.
As part of our Regeneration Roadmap we have aligned our business with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). For this tour we align with #3 Good Health and #11 Sustainable Communities.
Popular similar holidays
From AU $1975 3 days excluding flights
Regenerate body, mind and spirit in Adelaide Hills
From AU $2610 4 days including domestic flights only
Yoga & wellness in the coastal paradise of Esperance