Margaret River glamping & yoga retreat, Australia
Description of Margaret River glamping & yoga retreat, Australia
Check dates, prices & availability
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetEnvironmental sustainability is deeply ingrained into our company culture and we are totally committed to the preservation of our natural environment for generations to come. We are an Advanced Eco-certified tour company meaning our tours adhere to best practice and standards for environmentally responsible tourism.
However sustainable is no longer good enough and we are now taking steps to move into Regenerative Tourism and move to being carbon positive, not just neutral. We will launch our 5 year Regen Roadmap in the first quarter of 2022.
From 2008 to 2021 we planted 1.2 hectares of native vegetation, 100% offsetting our carbon footprint. We have formed a partnership with The Eyre Peninsula Regional Development Board and Parks South Australia and have a range of new regeneration programs in Lincoln National Park and Coffin Bay National Park under development. These that will give travellers the opportunity to participate in meaningful conservation work making a long term impact on the regions we travel. These areas will also be used for revegetation for us to continue to be carbon positive, not just neutral.
Some of our other environmental practices include:
• Eco Tourism Australia Accredited
• Climate action certified as a ‘Climate Change Innovator’
• Our guides have extensive knowledge on native plants and animals, indigenous culture and eco-tourism and will share this knowledge with our passengers
• We spend over $10,000 annually on our efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
• In addition we contribute $15,000 annually with in-kind labour
• We pay a premium for all of our ‘green energy’ electricity produced from renewable sources
Specific to this tour:
* No single use plastic on tours
* We glamp at the amazing Fair Harvest Permaculture Farm where passengers learn about sustainable living and farming. The farm is 160 hectares of old dairy country in what was once Jarrah/Karri forest. They also have areas set aside for rehabilitation projects and are planting forests.
* On one three night stay, 12 passengers are able to only produce one supermarket size bag of rubbish with all other waste recycled or composted.
* On our hikes our Guides educate people about native wildlife
* During a half day hike with a holistic healer on the Cape to Cape Track passengers learn about Indigenous culture and connect with Country.
People* We use around 30 local Margaret River suppliers on this four day tour including Fair Harvest farm, wineries, farmgates, healers, yogi's and attractions, stimulating the local economy.
* We only work with suppliers and venues that have regenerative principles like us.
* We purchase food for the tour in the Margaret River region and always give preference to local fresh produce from farmgates and small local businesses.
* We are giving people the opportunity to reconnect with themselves, Country and others. This tour is packed with day after day of wellness experiences such as yoga, meditation, mindfulness, massage, nature walks and nourishing food giving people the freedom to find themselves. Leading to a happier and healthier global community.
* Passengers participate in a Spice Masterclass learning about the healing power of spice.
* We work with a local Not For Profit, Foodlosophy for catering. They use only locally sourced, seasonal ingredients from farmers, growers and producers with the same ethical and food conscious ethos as us. They employ people with special needs and teach them how to cook. They donate food to underprivileged families in the local area.
As part of our Regeneration Roadmap we have aligned our business with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). For this tour we align with #3 Good Health and #11 Sustainable Communities.
Popular similar holidays
From AU $2610 4 days including domestic flights only
Yoga & wellness in the coastal paradise of Esperance
From AU $2245 4 days excluding flights
Nourishing retreat on the Fleurieu Peninsula, near Adelaide