Isle of Wight creative retreat, England
Description of Isle of Wight creative retreat, England
Check dates, prices & availability
It really doesn’t matter whether you’ve lived in England all your life or you’re visiting from distant lands; there are plenty of country tracks, coas...
Europe may be the world’s second smallest continent, with some of its tiniest nations, but it finally lays to rest, with ease, the whole ‘size isn’t e...
As the pioneers of responsible tourism, we've screened this (and every) holiday so that you can travel knowing it will help support the places and people that you visit, and the planet. Read how below.
PlanetOn a day to day basis the team take the following actions in their contribution to helping the environment
* Recycling of everything that we can including general waste recycling, ink cartridges and separating food waste for composting.
* Encourage guests to re-use towels
* Bulk purchase of chemicals
* Chemical dosage dispensers
* Compact waste so less collections required
* Encourage local transport and provide information to guests
* Offer free tap water to both guests and the community as part of a local initiative
* Dual flush toilets to save water
* Separate walk in showers to encourage guests to use the shower instead of the bath resulting in water saving.
* Re-use of furniture and fittings after our refurbishments by donating to local charities and businesses.
* Low energy light bulbs
* Use local suppliers and produce where possible
A selection of actions of ways in which we support our local environment, services and suppliers:
* Provide information to guests on walks, wildlife and parks.
* Provide cycle hire information to guests
* Work closely with golf courses to promote their facilities
* Provide local transport services information to our staff and guests
* Purchasing policy in place to ensure the B&B uses local and sustainable produce with minimal transport and packaging
Working with our local communities
Reduce as far as commercially practicable the level of harmful or nuisance emissions.
Carry on business in a responsible manner with due regard to the B&B's immediate environment, particularly at unsociable hours and in relation to noise, odour, lighting, litter, uncollected waste or deliveries and collections.
Maintain building exteriors, outdoor equipment and grounds to create a positive visual impact within the community.
Introduce contingency plans for major incidents to reduce their environmental impact.
Popular similar holidays
Learn Spanish in Granada, Andalucia
From €230 5 days excluding flights
Spanish courses in Granada, Andalucia
Cuba salsa dance holiday
From £1750 - £1850 15 days excluding flights
Learn to salsa with the pros in Santiago de Cuba, tuition, day trips and nights out
Learn Spanish and walk the Camino de Santiago, Spain
From €830 - €965 5 days excluding flights
Spanish Course + walking in the Camino del Norte