Your guide to the St. Vincent & The Grenadines calendar
* Events marked with an asterix are public holidays in St. Vincent & The Grenadines.
- New Year's Day (1 Jan): Public holiday
- Mustique blues (21 Jan-4 Feb): For further information on Mustique Blues please contact Basil's Bar & Restaurant, Mustique by emailing email@example.com
- Bequia music festival (22-25 Jan): For further information on Bequia Music Festival please contact Bequia Tourism Association, Bequia by calling 784-458-3286, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.bequiatourism.com/events.htm
- Primary school performing arts festival (February): A month long festival of song, dance, drama and poetry featuring the children of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- National heroes and heritage month
- National heroes day (14 Mar)*
- Gospel fest month (April): Zonal show cases in music, song, dance, poetry and comedy also weekend concerts featuring international artistes. For further information on Gospel Fest please contact the Ministry of Culture by calling 784-451-2180 or emailing email@example.com
- Good Friday*
- Easter Monday*
- Bequia Easter regatta (9-13 Apr): For further information please contact Bequia Tourism Association, Bequia by calling 784-458-3286 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about Bequia Easter regatta here
- Easterval, Union Island (9-13 Apr): Contact Union Island Tourism Association by calling 784-458-8350.
- Labour day (1 May)*
- Canouan regatta (28 May-1 Jun): A festival of boat races, sports and games, calypso competitions, streetjump and beauty pageant.
- Maroon festival, Union Island (May): An annual festival held three days before or after the full moon. It marks the start of the planting season. Activities include the Big Drum, Nation Dance and traditional folksongs. For more information please call Union Island Tourism Association on 784-458-8350 or read more about Maroon Festival here
- Whit Monday (1 Jun)*
- Vincy Mas (26 Jun-7 Jul): Anniversary of post lent Carnival. For further information on Vincy Mas please call Carnival Development Corporation Office on 784-457-2580 or email email@example.com, or read more about Vincy Mas carnival here.
- Bequia's annual fisherman's day competition (5 Jul)
- Vincy Mas - carnival Monday (6 Jul)*
- Vincy Mas - carnival Tuesday (7 Jul)*
- Canouan carnival (30 Jul-1 Aug)
- Emancipation (August): Month of events to commemorate the abolition of slavery featuring cultural performances, lectures and exhibitions in memory of the African ancestors who survived the middle passage.
- Emancipation day (1 Aug)
- Breadfruit festival (1-31 Aug): A tasty celebration of St Vincent & the Grenadines' 25 species of breadfruit and their historical importance.
- Dance festival month (September): National dance show case. Schools, community groups and dance companies showcase their talents in modern, traditional, creative folk and ballroom dances. Performances are in solo, duet and group.
- Independence bike fest (26 Oct)
- Independence day (27 Oct)*: 30th Anniversary of Independence in St. Vincent this year
- SVG blues & rhythms festival (date TBC)
- Independence cycling classic (26-27 Oct)
- National tourism month (November): Activities focusing on tourism awareness and education.
- National drama festival (November): Schools, community groups and theatre companies present act plays.
- National Christmas festival (December): A Caribbean Christmas like no other with a month full of traditional festivities, caroling contests, community lighting programs and street concerts all across the country.
- Nine mornings festival (16-24 Dec): An indigenous festival unique to St Vincent & The Grenadines of pre-dawn street concerts, fetes, fun competitions, traditional music and steel pan each of the nine days before Christmas in various towns and villages. Read more about festivals here.
- Christmas day (25 Dec)*
- Boxing day (26 Dec)*
- New year's eve (31 Dec): Also known as Old Year's Day, this is celebrated in a big way in the islands. Church services, fire works displays, public and private dinners and parties which will spill over into the next day.