A Good Place
Request more information or book(Gift vouchers can be used with this operator)
'A Good Place' leads photographic tours to the Tanjung Puting national park, Borneo. The trips are aimed at anyone that would like to develop their photography skills using a mixture of tutorials and one-on-one advice. As well as over 4000 orangutans this bio-diversity hotspot is home to 30 other mammal species, 260 types of birds and 17 different reptiles. £250 per person is donated directly to the orangutan foundation to help them continue their work in protecting this area. We also run photography holidays at a lovely farmhouse in Andalucia, Spain.
Member since: 15 May 2008
How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We only make use of local suppliers and services. These include locally owned and run accommodation and food from local produce.
- £250 per person from the Orangutan photography holiday is donated directly to the Orangutan Foundation to help them conserve the Tanjung Puting national park.
- A park entry fee is paid for each visitor which directly contributes to the running of this national park.
- For distribution of tour information and pre and post booking we only use the internet and email.
- The accommodation we use in the Tanjung Puting national park has an emphasis on environmental protection through education of both guests and staff.
- Each tour group is limited to just 6 people to minimize the impact on the local eco system.
- We will only introduce our clients to areas where the community welcomes them.
- The accommodation used is also locally owned to ensure that monies filter down to the local community.
- We will provide accurate pre-trip information on the social and political situation in the destination.
Multitalented Ian is a writer and photographer whose work has appeared in BBC Wildlife and Nat Geo Traveller, amongst others. He also runs holidays - which gave given thousands of pounds back to the wildlife charities he supports.