How the minimum criteria of the responsible travel standard was met...
- We believe that happy staff leads to a happy working environment, so with this in mind we offer a wide variety of staff rewards. This includes ethically sourced daily lunches, ride to work scheme and one paid charity day per employee.
- As well as supporting individual local projects in all of our destinations through support from our customers, we also fundraise at home for local and international causes.
- We choose local partners who adhere to local and international legislation relating to employment, equalities and pay and who employ local people.
- We have recycling points within the office to encourage all staff to reduce their carbon footprint.
- As we work with partners across the globe, we regularly use tele-conferencing to reduce our carbon emissions.
- We work with community projects in areas we visit which help to directly protect the environment e.g. The Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica
- We work hard to promote tours which support local environments and communities bringing the customer closer to their destination.
- We provide all our customers with information on how to be a responsible traveller, encouraging them to respect local traditions and customs and buy from local shops and restaurants.
- We support community initiatives where possible and try and draw our customer's attention to these on trips.